Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: Thank crunchie its friday!

(30 Posts)
PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 10:13:08

got two lovely mindees today with dd, just made cakes with amounts of sweeties and icing on that would make ofsted keel over in red tapewinkgrin..its our friday treat as we normally get something on way home from school.

got a second visit from baby this afty, not full time, but everyday, shes adorable, have already earmarked new toys to buy/loan from toy librarysmile..just hope it goes well..fingers crossed..more seem to be leaving at min than coming, for me and everyone on here toohmm..whats happening?

hope everyone has a nice day, off to colour in our 'park' picturessmile.x

nannynick Fri 01-Aug-08 10:20:26

Hope the visit goes well. Those cakes sound lovely.

I'm packing for holiday (Centre Parcs), aiming to leave by 11am, but expect it may be nearer 12 the way things are going!

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 12:22:11

ooh Nick, you must ahve gone now, but i am soooo jealous!, i love ceterparcs if your still around, have a fab timesmile and thankssmile

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 13:01:52

ok, got small toys tidyed away, 2yr old is asleep, 3yr old and dd now playing nicely, got out some baby books, soft/fabric puppet(with nothing sharp or furry to choke on) and fabric aeroplane, little people and animals on hand, ballons swaying nicely with breze from outside, so they shiny colours will amuse..no bits on floor...what else do i need to do?

have a 17month old (not today) but shes very 'old' with what she wants to play with, doesnt put things in her mouth and knows her way around..so bit nervous about baby baby visiting..have got wooden dish on table in brekky room with pebbbles on that dd has collected when we've been to beach..dya think i should put it away?..it IS out of reach and baby would always be in highchair and no were near it, but will parents be looking out for things like this??..arggghhsmile

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 13:03:22

oh also got contract partially filled in (optimistic!hmmsmile), child record forms printed out as well as my new and improved policy booklet (thankyou Shoshe oh wonderful onesmile)..will take paper, pen and calculator down so i can work out fes if she gives me hours (im always caught on hop with this and leg it upstairs to dig them out!)

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 15:00:09

Just been, went really well, asked mum if she was happy, did she think she would like her dd to come? and she said yes she thinks so (first child and never been left before, same as me) so understand and just gave her policy handout, and paperwork to look at and fill in when she's decided, if she does decide to come with me..hopefully, whole family were lovely, even entertaining my other mindee adddsmile..their dd is adorable too..fingers crossed!

jillyj Fri 01-Aug-08 15:18:49

hope she reads your policies etc properly wink

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 15:21:12

<<snort>>LOL..dya mean my get out clauses???wink

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 15:21:57

LOL for the first time instead of just letting them leaf through, i actually printed off a smaller booklet for her to take!..due to THAT threadsmile

southernbelle77 Fri 01-Aug-08 20:04:46

Evening all! I've had the day off today but spend it building a huge chest of draws and sorting out the spare room of all my cm'ing crap things! I am now sat here with a bottle of wine (2 glasses down )and all my paperwork that has been 'lying about' so I can sort it and get it nicely filed in the filing cabinet that I can now actually get to

Shoshe Fri 01-Aug-08 20:14:54

One more week and I'm off to Spain, cant wait, have had a full house all week 7 kids! and the same next week grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 01-Aug-08 20:17:00

Lovely day here, no mindees just me and my boys
smile

Have a great weekend.

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 20:41:20

sonds like everyone having good daysmile

i had decond visit from baby today, emailed mum (new family) and said i would waiver retainer unless someone else comes along for space (i do have space now, but mindee who giving notice wont leave for 6 weeks so feeling generoushmmsmile..anyway, got message back she'll bring contracts back next week and give me start dategrin..ooh sooo pleased, lovely baby, really nice parents..cant waitsmile..also as i was telling mum of another of my mindees tonight about our visit she asked if this meant my two spare days would not be full, when i said no, she said she was hoping for her hours to be increased at work and now she knew i would be available she would push itsmile..so might get another two full days for other mindeesmile..would reduce her rate as she pays extra being part time at min, so that should help her a little (single mum)..just bloody stupid builder to sort out now, then things might start looking upsmile

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Aug-08 23:47:15

congratulations on new baby mindee pinkchick smile

colacubes Sat 02-Aug-08 00:05:46

pink glad my situation is of help to you! with ya get out clauses

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 08:18:55

Cheers Vi and thanks CC, yes made sure i put a few extra ones in just incase i wanted a round the world trip for 6 months fully paidwink

jillyj Sat 02-Aug-08 12:00:23

or 6 months paid sick leavegrin

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 12:43:29

or a years maternity pay?

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 12:44:18

or asking them to pay for any damages caused by their child

jillyj Sat 02-Aug-08 12:44:21

dont forget paternity pay for cms husband

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 12:44:53

grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 12:45:18

we are just soooo money grabbing

colacubes Sat 02-Aug-08 12:59:34

you said it!

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 14:04:15

you are just being confrontational now - grow up

colacubes Sat 02-Aug-08 14:55:25

Right so you can say what you like but I cant say, "you said it" because thats confrontational???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now