Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Should I report this?

(10 Posts)
MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 31-Jul-08 16:57:25

I went to a softplay area today with my mindees and it is in a building that also houses a preschool/daycare and a holiday club.
The seating area for adults by the soft play bit is such that it is slap bang in the corridor of the other half of the business, and there were children from the daycare/holiday club tootling past on their own, and also in the toileting area, there were children in there ( no keyworker) and I was in there, an adult that no-one knows who they are and I wasn't the only one either. Anything could have happened.

Am I right to feel rather concerned about the lack of safety there? I am feeling I should write to them ( it's council run) to point out that they aren't exactly keeping the children safe from strangers hmm

SimpleAsABC Thu 31-Jul-08 18:11:31

Yes, def. At the end of the day, what have you got to lose by voicing your concerns?

imananny Thu 31-Jul-08 18:19:24

yes you are right to be concerned about the lack of adult supervision with children wandering about, ESP in a public place - who knows how many perves/peods/weirdos lurk in a soft play area for children!!!

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 31-Jul-08 18:38:19

Yes I will write a letter tonight, also inform appropriate body too I think, and hell might as well copy the local rag into it to??

nannyL Thu 31-Jul-08 18:43:56

I think that is shocking and someone needs to know and something needs to be done about it

write and complain.

ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 18:48:05

Go again, take photographs, then write your letters. This is a SERIOUS security breach. I would be applalled

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 31-Jul-08 18:54:00

A place near me was shut down by ofsted because there was often no staff in the reception area ane members of the public could access all the daycare childrens records that were in a filing cabinet in reception! You had to walk through recept to get to the soft play.

A few doors away was a hostel for ex-offenders....some of them sex offenders and on the register... you can imagine the headlines all over our local papers.

Get it reported. I bet the daycare parents aren't aware of what you are describing.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 31-Jul-08 20:24:52

I'm on it - composing my letter now. I can't get back any time soon to take photographs, don't think it's necessary tbh, I wouldn't want to be taking photos of the children in the toilets anyway lol, get myself done, never mind them grin

I'll let you know what happens

RachieB Fri 01-Aug-08 16:04:50

omg! yes most definitely

let us know when you hear something

x

morocco Fri 01-Aug-08 16:09:32

nothing to lose by bringing it to their attention

is it one of those 'at your own risk' childcare schemes where the parents are supposed to stay with the kids?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now