Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Should I be wary of this possible mindee family??

(17 Posts)
chloemegjess Wed 30-Jul-08 22:58:42

Hello, I replied to an add on netmums for somebody who was looking for childcare in september. I said I am a childminder etc and gave a lot of information.

This is the reply I got (copied and pasted from email):

Thank you for your reply.
WE are not nessesary looking for a registered childminder but you will need to have all the checks done.

Could you please email me your address and approx. time and date when we can meet, I must tell you I work full time so any time after 5pm would be good.

Kind regards

I am mainly concered that she is not looking for somebody who is registred? But has asked for my address so obviously not thinking of a Nanny job? What does everybody think? My husband is not likly to be home as he works shifts.

BradfordMum Thu 31-Jul-08 07:55:57

Stay clear! Why on earth would they want someone unregistered?! Cash in hand? Tax fiddle?

Sally x

gagarin Thu 31-Jul-08 08:00:49

I suspect she just means she's still looking at all the options - nursery, childminder, family, nanny?

Maybe her preferred option will be going to her house (so not a registered childminder but wiht child minder skills) but still wants to ensure that whoever she invites into her home has had their CRB check etc.

So has politely given you the heads up that she's not fully decided.

If you feel nervous get a friend to sit in the kitchen drinking tea while you are in the front room!

love2sleep Thu 31-Jul-08 08:39:18

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she is just not very good at writing clear emails smile

RachieB Fri 01-Aug-08 15:45:16

she may be confused with the whole childminder / nanny thing as many seem to!

eg nannies dont have to be registered,so maybe she is meaning this ?

morocco Fri 01-Aug-08 15:48:42

she may mean that she's not personally bothered if you are registered or not so long as you are a lovely and reliable person, so don't let the fact you are unregistered (not applicable to you, I know) put you off from applying for the job. it's what I would mean.

jillyj Fri 01-Aug-08 17:25:39

tell her it would be best to have a phone conversation first and ask her to call you, or you could call her. dont give your address out until you have more info.

chloemegjess Mon 04-Aug-08 20:13:29

I met her today. She was a bit odd, came without her child, really quickly looked around the house, only really interested in the price and was in and out within 10min!

The hours didnt really suit me anyway. I cant afford to turn anybody down, but I have to say, I will be glad if she says no!

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 04-Aug-08 20:41:17

steer clear - trust your instincts.

HumphreyPinCushion Mon 04-Aug-08 20:43:47

When is she coming back for you to meet her child?

lindseyfox Mon 04-Aug-08 21:31:31

maybe she isnt an english lady where I live there is a high asian population and i get alot of enquiries for babysitting and weekend nanny work that dont sound very good but are just down to language.

chloemegjess Mon 04-Aug-08 21:35:43

She isn't english. She is white, but has a strong accent, possibly polish.

am I being unreasonable to expect her to have bought her child?

HumphreyPinCushion Mon 04-Aug-08 22:05:34

Not unreasonable.
But maybe she wanted to meet you on her own first.
When is she coming back with her child?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:39:11

Well if she is Polish/whereever - benefit of the doubt is in order, things may work very differently in this regard over in her own country.

MamaGLovesMe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:25:18

If that was me I wouldn't employ you on the basis you have just posted my email on another site.

If you want to see her, reply.

SimpleAsABC Tue 05-Aug-08 19:34:06

Sorry mamagloves me, you've lost me!

chloemegjess Tue 05-Aug-08 20:52:19

mamagloves me - I removed all of her details so that nobody would know who it was. I just wanted opinions, incase I ended up with somebody pretending to be a mum, who was actually a killer/rapist/burgular etc. I don't think it is that bad to copy and paste some of the text, to get opinions of if they thought it was ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now