Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: House Rules and enforcing them

(4 Posts)
PinkChick Wed 30-Jul-08 13:53:12

as its the summer hols the mindees are driving eachother up the wall, not wanting to share, snatching, shouting at one another so on so on... so in dd's class they sued to ahve Class Rules up on wall, cant remember what they were, but remember thinking they were very good and clear..does anyone else have anything like this and what do you have on?

i want to draw one up but dont wan it to be pages long, just short mmessages, easy to understand for small children..anyone any tips?
TIA

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Wed 30-Jul-08 15:43:33

Get the children to do it, more likely to stick to it, and you know it'll be in language they understand too

Love2bake Wed 30-Jul-08 15:48:17

I don't really have any house rules.

Last year my DS was really not getting on with one of my mindees and it was driving me crazy. I set up a 'kindness chart' and gave the children stickers whenever they did something nice / kind for one of the others. Problem solved, they were lovely to each other after that.

PinkChick Wed 30-Jul-08 21:38:41

HI, yeah i was thinking of charts too as im having the older ones (4,5 and 6yr olds) more through hols ALL DAY and itsbeen very trying already(for want of a better wordwink)

i wanted to try and round it up in say 5 points like 1: we will not hurt eachother with words or actions and so on, but would the youger ones understand 'actions'??..its how to word it so they unserstand and stick to them??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now