Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving present ideas

(5 Posts)
yogamama Mon 28-Jul-08 20:39:47

Hiya,

We're leaving our cm at the end of the Aug. She's pregnant and DD1 starts full time school.

Now, she's the only person my kids have had in just under three years. She's fabulous and we all love her to bits. We've become good friends and I know we'll stay in touch long after the arrangement has finished.

I'm racking my brains as to what to buy her for a leaving pressie. Obviously something home made from the children, but I'd like to get her something other than the usual candles/choc/champs. We give a wk's wage as a bonus at chrimbo, but not only do the funds not stretch (usually save 'til xmas for that) but seems impersonal.

She's really stylish and I'm stumped for ideas and running out of time.

What's the nicest leaving pressie you have ever been given or does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

:-)

Slouchy Mon 28-Jul-08 20:47:31

Not a CM, but when we left ours, I bought them something personal (dd1's had a lovely necklace, dd2 liked gardenign so a nice plant) and a new toy for their other/future mindees (about £20 for the toy, so a nice one).

Littlefish Mon 28-Jul-08 21:05:03

Massage/facial at a local salon.

If you really do get one well, give her a "voucher" saying that you will babysit for her one night so she can go out either before or after the baby is born.

Photo album to put photos of the new baby in

How much do you want to spend?

nbee84 Mon 28-Jul-08 21:35:24

what about something like this or this or similar.

yogamama Mon 28-Jul-08 21:56:42

Was thinking about £50 - not including the stuff from the kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now