Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registered childminder or lovely mum wishing to care for my little'un in southfields area

(5 Posts)
LeonoraW Sun 27-Jul-08 22:23:04

Hi, I live in the southfields area and i'm going to be working mondays and tuesdays starting oct 6. I'm looking for a registered childminder/nannyshare or lovely mum who is at home with her brood who would enjoy looking after my 2 and a 1/4 year old son. He is really outgoing and sociable and would really benefit from being with another child or children his age. Or does anyone know of a great childminder who has a part-time vacancy as I have exhausted Wandsworth council's list. Help!!

Fadge Mon 28-Jul-08 08:50:42

It is illegal to use an Unregistered Childminder, you would be putting "lovely mum" at risk of prosecution. Also putting your child at risk as they won't be CRB checked, nor all over 16s in the house, won't be insured, and probably wouldn't be Fisrt Aid trained. Also if you intend claiming childcare element or paying with childcare tax vouchers, you can't.

Unregistered Childminding is employing anyone over 2 hours a day to care for your child in their own home for reward - be that money, a bunch of flowers, a spa voucher, or doing something in return.

Love2bake Mon 28-Jul-08 08:52:45

Agree with Fadge.

You are mad to use someone that is not registered.

anyoneoutthere Mon 28-Jul-08 08:59:22

I am a nanny who might be interested. Please email me on


LeonoraW Mon 28-Jul-08 09:13:01

Hi Fadge and Love to Bake, I realise I didn't make myself clear. When I said lovely mum I was thinking of a childminder who is currently at home with her own brood. Though I appreciate your concerns.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: