Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nanny contract...... anything else to add to it!!!!

(10 Posts)
ilovethecake Sun 27-Jul-08 00:28:52

Hello all, i am starting a new nanny job in a few weeks time, i am just going through the rough copy of my contract, but wondered what else needs to be on it!!!!
whats already on my contract......
1, names and addresss, mine and theirs,
2, commencement of employment,
3, duties,
4, place of work,
5, pay,weekly, tax and national insurance,
6, work times,
7, holidays,
8, sickness,
9, pension,
10, suspension,
11, termination,
12, confidential information,

the only thing at the moment that i can think of is annual pay rise, and overtime, can anyone else think of anything that i should mention to my new employers!!!

nannynick Sun 27-Jul-08 09:42:59

disciplinary procedure (may be under no 10 and 11 in your list)

Pay review (it isn't a pay rise, as it may not go up!).

Overtime, Bank Holidays (you may have included these with number 6/7 in your list) - Make sure you understand the current Bank Holiday situation, and take account that it changes in April 2009. Holiday Entitlement

Outings - you may want to have something on the contract about the use of your car, their car, public transport etc.

nbee84 Sun 27-Jul-08 10:02:21

Expenses - outings, playgroups etc
Milage payments for use of car if applicable
Meals provided for you at work

imananny Sun 27-Jul-08 10:45:21

I have payrise in mine not pay review grin

kitty/expenses and use of car/milegae paid if using own car

agree with having meals in it

overtime at set amount of Xph

good luck in new job

navyeyelasH Sun 27-Jul-08 12:30:22

if you want you can give me your email address and I will send over the contract my employers gave me, but will obviously have to disguise sensitive data?

ilovethecake Sun 27-Jul-08 12:39:16

Hi, Thanks to everyone for reading my thread, and replying!! Have a busy day ahead of me but will jot down your advice and speak to new boss about adding your suggestions!! Many thanks,

Navy, thanks for your offer, but think that i have all areas covered, but if you think of anything else please let me know!! Thanks again!!

nbee84 Sun 27-Jul-08 12:45:11

imananny - I see neither of us can spell mileage blush wink grin

RachieB Sun 27-Jul-08 12:47:45

eyelash i would like to see a copy of a contract pls,if you dont mind?

in process of drawing one up, between myself and employers

is there a way of PMing on here ??!

x

imananny Sun 27-Jul-08 13:49:39

nbee84 - least I got ALL the letters grin - not in the right order though - blame my typing skills for that blush

ilovethecake Sun 27-Jul-08 23:11:52

Hi all, funny i never noticed any spelling mistakes, grin just checked what i have just written in case i spelt anything wrong!!
I guess that's why i'm not a teacher, thanks again for all your repliessmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now