Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hungerford - Nanny wanted..........

(6 Posts)
indymum Tue 08-Feb-05 18:28:11

Hi - I am about to take a huge leap back into full-time employment. I have 2 children aged 6 and 3.5yrs. They are both at school full time and I can't seem to find someone to collect them from school and look after them in our home until I will return from work. I am worried about who will look after them during school holidays and how to go about finding someone who won't cost my entire salary. Does anyone have any ideas? Someone did approach me asking for cash in hand to do the job, wasn't a registered nanny or childminder but has 2 grown up children of her own. The reason being that it wouldn't be worth her while to travel 8 miles each way, get paid £8 per hour and pay tax on top. Please help if you can.....Thx

NannyJo Wed 09-Feb-05 20:46:11

Hi Indymum, have you tried registering with the nanny agencies? Newbury Nannies cover that area. I am a Nanny currently not working at the moment because I have just had a baby myself but soon I would be looking for a job that is just part-time and there are other Nannies out there that want part-time. I would recommend you get a qualified nanny or very experienced child carer because looking after children that aren't yours is very different all together (I know that now from personal experience) you need to explain that holidays will be more hours but just agree on a wage for those weeks before you employ anyone. I'll keep an ear out for anyone I know looking for a job of this type if you like.

indymum Wed 09-Feb-05 21:28:21

Hi NannyJo, thanks for the info. Yes, I have registered with Newbury Nannies but to no avail! Apparently nannies wanting these jobs are few and far between. Whereabouts do you live and do you know of many nannies in my area? I would be grateful if you could keep your ear out for anyone wanting this type of job - even though i wouldn't be starting work for a month or so I can't help getting my knickers in a twist about the whole situation!!!

Amanda1 Thu 10-Feb-05 11:04:01

Message withdrawn

crumpet Thu 10-Feb-05 11:34:56

Indymum, I live near Hungerford and will be in the same position as you from June, so I'll need to start looking for somethign similar soon.

I'd be really interested to know how you get on. (My dd is a bit younger than your 2).

Amanda1 Thu 10-Feb-05 13:12:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now