Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

just interested has anyone?

(4 Posts)
lindseyfox Thu 24-Jul-08 18:37:02

just interested to know has anyone ever employed a childcarer who has advertised on here or have you advertised on here and then employed someone who responded??

just intrigued really as lots of people have discussions about needing childcare then someone saying oh i am available and then i wonder what happends!!

pinkdelight Fri 25-Jul-08 10:53:42

I employed someone from here briefly and then let her go and went through a nanny agency instead. She was sort of okay, but gave me some cause for concern which was compounded by the fact that I hadn't found her through an official route or through a recommendation. Obviously I took up references and they were good, but they didn't tally with my experience.

I'm sure there are some great people advertising on here, but I'm not sure how you distinguish them without wasting time, effort and money on the less good people. Sorry if that's negative. Perhaps someone's fared better?

littlestarschildminding Fri 25-Jul-08 14:16:59

Yes I have had plenty of work from MN I have also introduced people from here to each other who have then been employed, employers respectively.

Its no different than someone finding me on the council list. I guess with CMs its a little different to nannies as we have already been well checked out!

LS

phraedd Fri 25-Jul-08 16:21:49

I replied to an ad on here to help out someone and she informed me the night before I was due to start that she'd made "alternative" childcare arrangements for her children. hmm

She recently asked again for childcare help but this time I didn't offer my services wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now