Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

***German/English Au-Pair +/mother's helper (live-in) sought (Teddington)***

(9 Posts)
WonkaBar Thu 24-Jul-08 09:09:34

German-American couple seeks live in NATIVE /FLUENT GERMAN SPEAKING Au Pair+/Mother's helper to help this work at home mom look after our wonderful and spirited 16 month old girl.

Mainly your role will be to play with our child, and so we want someone who is caring, creative, patient, understands age appropriate activities and is willing to get down on the floor and engage with them in play, songs, and general silliness, etc. You will also need to be able to prepare meals for the her, go to play groups or classes, bath and help get her down for naps.

In addition, you should be willing to help me prep meals or cook an occassional meal as well as do light housework, such as helping to tidy up, laundry and ironing. You will not be expected to do heavy cleaning or bathrooms, etc.

We are liberal, relaxed parents. We want everyone to feel happy with the situation and so will compensate well in salary (100 pounds/week), 3 weeks vacation paid, a gym membership, and other perks. We are looking for about 30 to 35 hours a week, which can be flexible. Best arrangement would be 8am to 1 pm most weekdays and then 7 to 9 p.m three nights a week. (she should be asleep) However we can be flexible for the right applicant. Almost always your weekends would be free.

We want a person who is mature, responsible and with a good sense of humor. We encourage you to get out and see friends and make the most of London when you are off.

We live 2 blocks from the train into downtown London (35 min). And are located near in a large German expat community.

We will provide a downstairs bedroom and bathroom on the same floor. Bedroom has a working fireplace and french doors to the garden.

Other Requirements:
- Native/fluent German speaking
- Start ASAP (but will wait for the right person)
- Plan to stay at least 9 months
- MUST have experience with looking after babies/toddlers
- Have a current VISA to live and work in the U.K.
- Provide 3 or more contactable references
- Provide criminal record check, or be prepared to obtain it
- Should have Pediatric first aid, or be prepared to obtain it
- No Smokers
- Available to interview in person

If you meet ALL the above, then I look forward to hearing from you. Please email me a short description of yourself and a C.V. with contact details.

SERIOUS AND APPROPRIATE APPLICANTS ONLY: Please do not apply if youR German is not fluent.

WonkaBar Thu 24-Jul-08 09:12:16

German-American couple seeks live in NATIVE /FLUENT GERMAN SPEAKING Au Pair+/Mother's helper to help this work at home mom look after our wonderful and spirited 16 month old girl.

Mainly your role will be to play with our child, and so we want someone who is caring, creative, patient, understands age appropriate activities and is willing to get down on the floor and engage with them in play, songs, and general silliness, etc. You will also need to be able to prepare meals for the her, go to play groups or classes, bath and help get her down for naps.

In addition, you should be willing to help me prep meals or cook an occassional meal as well as do light housework, such as helping to tidy up, laundry and ironing. You will not be expected to do heavy cleaning or bathrooms, etc.

We are liberal, relaxed parents. We want everyone to feel happy with the situation and so will compensate well in salary (100 pounds/week), 3 weeks vacation paid, a gym membership, and other perks. We are looking for about 30 to 35 hours a week, which can be flexible. Best arrangement would be 8am to 1 pm most weekdays and then 7 to 9 p.m three nights a week. (she should be asleep) However we can be flexible for the right applicant. Almost always your weekends would be free.

We want a person who is mature, responsible and with a good sense of humor. We encourage you to get out and see friends and make the most of London when you are off.

We live 2 blocks from the train into downtown London (35 min). And are located near in a large German expat community.

We will provide a downstairs bedroom and bathroom on the same floor. Bedroom has a working fireplace and french doors to the garden.

Other Requirements:
- Native/fluent German speaking
- Start ASAP (but will wait for the right person)
- Plan to stay at least 9 months
- MUST have experience with looking after babies/toddlers
- Have a current VISA to live and work in the U.K.
- Provide 3 or more contactable references
- Provide criminal record check, or be prepared to obtain it
- Should have Pediatric first aid, or be prepared to obtain it
- No Smokers
- Available to interview in person

If you meet ALL the above, then I look forward to hearing from you. Please email me a short description of yourself and a C.V. with contact details.

SERIOUS AND APPROPRIATE APPLICANTS ONLY: Please do not apply if youR German is not fluent.

stressed2007 Fri 25-Jul-08 06:29:21

Have you tried looking on au pair world? There are lots of responsible sounding German girls on there looking for roles. The calibre seens generally excellent.

blueshoes Fri 25-Jul-08 06:44:31

I would also recommend aupairworld. I got my last aupair (German and great) from there. She knows another aupair family who only employ fluent German-speakers who uses that website.

WonkaBar Fri 01-Aug-08 21:29:32

Thanks for the tip. We have a potential au pair flying in´to meet us from Germany this weekend, but will check the site out.

Cheers

Badpups Fri 01-Aug-08 22:37:49

We've just recruited a German au pair through Childcare International agency. They have a lot of German girls on their books.

SqueakyPop Sat 02-Aug-08 18:25:21

Put an ad on Aupairworld- there are loads of excellent German girls looking for places.

You are being very tight on your conditions though. It is not normal to inteview in person, and aupairs usually don't have responsibilities for under-3s.

I think you should really be looking for a live-in Nanny. It doesn't look like much fun for £100 a week, tbh.

Bluepolo Mon 25-Aug-08 21:57:11

We found our German au pair through EasyAupair.com. Quite a good site, but we received tons of applications from non German native speakers, who did not read the advertised job properly.

We are now looking for others Au pairs in the are (Teddington/Kingston) our au pair could meet! Anybody out there who would like to meet up with her????

WonkaBar Thu 28-Aug-08 11:42:40

Hi Bluepolo,

I am sure our Au Pair would love to meet another German Au Pair. She is 20, and from a small village between Frankfurt and Köln. She is a horseback rider and recently spent 3 months in Africa volunteering in an orphanage. She has other friends living here in London, but no one local yet. You can email me at rmdextra-misc@yahoo.com to set something up.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now