Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

THURSDAY STAFFROOM

(10 Posts)
KaySamuels Thu 24-Jul-08 08:43:47

HELP!! A power rangers dvd has just been presented to me to put on. We are not watching it.

How do I explain this to a 3 year old, and then later - his mum, without upsetting either of them. hmm Don't know how to put it!

aGalChangedHerName Thu 24-Jul-08 09:55:10

Just keep him busy and say you didn't have time? What is the age thingy on it? Say you can only have pg or universal dvd's?

KaySamuels Thu 24-Jul-08 10:44:04

It has two things on it? A U, and then a PG, which says PG for under 12's.

Even if it only had the U on it I woldn't want them watching it. 1yr old here who is already enjoying the biting and pushing stage, don't need any more kicking/hitting, etc going on. Also I have purpousfully avoied them with ds and don't want him getting into them!

It' so awkward!! We are off to Art Gallery in town today, might try and pick up an alternative dvd that I feel is suitable if they all behave.

aGalChangedHerName Thu 24-Jul-08 12:48:58

I would maybe say to the parents that Ofsted don't let you use resources like Power Rangers?

I wouldn't have it on either actually. My ds's had them years ago (12 and nearly 17 now) and i hated the bloody things!!

southernbelle77 Thu 24-Jul-08 13:25:28

I wouldn't have it on either! as already said, just keep them busy and say wasn't time! You could also mention that with younger mindees you do not feel it's appropriate so if they don't mind, it would make it easier for you for them to keep it for home!!

About to start a new thread, but going to ask in here too. Does anyone do a newletter? I want to start but am struggling with the format! If anyone had one I could nick browse, that would be great!

aGalChangedHerName Thu 24-Jul-08 13:36:53

A newsletter sounds great but i wouldn't know where to start. Tbh i am flat out just doing what needs to be done atm and unless the CC tell me to do it i'm not bothering right now lol

jillyj Thu 24-Jul-08 14:28:15

i do a news letter but i change the format every time. i usually email them a copy and have one on my notice board. have you got word or microsoft publishing. they have templates.

looneytune Thu 24-Jul-08 14:54:42

Helloooooooooo everyone

My brother has taken ds1 out swimming and ds2 has been sleeping a lot since so I've been doing housework and sorting my accounts and wow, I've now got time to flick through threads on here grin

SBelle - I do newsletters very occasionally, just when needed type of thing. Mine are more on the friendly casual side in format etc. but also to the point on subjects that need it. I do it this way as I'm more the friendly type than professional type of childminder (obviously am professional but I become friends with parents and it's always ended up being a more friendly relationship in the end iyswim).

Anyway......if you want to see a copy of what I've done in the past, send me an email (info at helenslittleangels dot co dot uk) and I'll send you an example - nothing special though!

EllieM - if you happen to come on at all today, just wanted to say it was lovely to meet you the other day

Right, off to chuck another loads of washing on whilst I can and I'm sure I'm going to be needed pretty soon!! wink

Byeeee for now xx

aGalChangedHerName Thu 24-Jul-08 14:54:50

Not sure that i do jillyj but will have a look.

What kind of things do you put in it?

jillyj Thu 24-Jul-08 15:03:36

birthdays, anyone leaving, starting, my holidays and other important dates. any other things i want to bring to their attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now