Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

moving to the NETHERLANDS - anyone else from there?

(8 Posts)
Hungrymama Wed 23-Jul-08 20:21:32

Could do with a home help/au pair once we get there. Can anyone recommend anyone or how to find a 'good' one???

theSuburbanDryad Wed 23-Jul-08 20:27:50

My mother is from the Netherlands - whereabouts are you moving to? I could probably ask my cousins where you go to ask for help if you like?

Hungrymama Wed 23-Jul-08 20:32:42

Rozendaal, near Arnhem and Velp. Any help very gratefully received!! smile

theSuburbanDryad Wed 23-Jul-08 20:42:22

I know Rosendaal, I'm sure i've been off the train there!

Holland is fabulous, do you speak Dutch?

Hungrymama Wed 23-Jul-08 21:17:30

een heel klein beetje!

Hungrymama Wed 23-Jul-08 21:23:26

There is a roosendaal as well as a rozendaal. Not sure where the first one is but 'my one' is near the German border. Very lovely if one did happen to get off a train there grin!

theSuburbanDryad Wed 23-Jul-08 21:31:08

ik ook een kleine beetje! wink

Have emailed my cousin - she has 4 kids, so she must know how to get childcare help!

DutchOma Wed 23-Jul-08 22:33:20

Seems a good plan. There is another of SUD's cousins who lives in Nijmegen, which of course is closer than breda, which is nearer the other Roosendaal, first station you get to when you come by train from Belgium. I think there are nanny agencies same as there are here, but personal recommendation would of course be best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now