Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

has anything been decided about the 4/5year old rule for EYFS yet?

(6 Posts)
chloemegjess Tue 22-Jul-08 23:48:02

Hello. I have had an enquiry about a 4 year old who is at full time school I know at the moment, the rules can class this child as an over 5. But I know this was questioned in the EYFS a while ago...Does anybody know if anything has been decided?

I wouldn't want to take her on (before/after school) if she is to take up one of my under 5 spaces, as I can only have 2 under 5s as my DD is under 1. But if she classes as an over 5, this would be fine.

Anybody know?

nannynick Wed 23-Jul-08 07:07:19

NCMA have not updated their news page about this as yet (checked today, 23-July-08).

chloemegjess Wed 23-Jul-08 10:43:31

Thank you. Its so silly, as I don't know who I am allowed to take on!

Love2bake Wed 23-Jul-08 14:07:17

I am a CM with a 4 y/o that is about to start school in Sept, and I have just written to Ofsted to ask for my numbers to be changed. They have phoned and said that is fine, so I can take on an another under 5 from Sept.

Berryred Wed 23-Jul-08 14:09:08

I had an email through saying that yes they will go up into the rising 5 bracket

so my dd 4 end aug will go up so I can have 3 under 5's from Sept 3rd (day she starts school!)

yeah will try find something to back this up grin

Berryred Wed 23-Jul-08 14:20:05

found it!! on this site here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now