Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - WWYD

(5 Posts)
london11 Tue 22-Jul-08 19:33:12

The mum of one of my mindees wants her teenage (15) child (sibling of mindee) to collect the child from me on a few occaisions over the summer hols.
I cant find anything in welfare requirements that forbids this just "providers must only release children into the care of individuals named by the parent" (p 24). Sibling will have a 20ish minute walk home with mindee where I believe dad will be at home in bed (works nights).
So, would you agree to this?

nannynick Tue 22-Jul-08 19:35:41

I think you would need to get something in writing from the parents, stating that they accept full responsibility for their children once they leave your home.

dmo Tue 22-Jul-08 19:53:23

i have a mindee whos brother (15 or 16) picks him up from mine after his paper round its in my policys as a named paerson to pick up so no probs

london11 Tue 22-Jul-08 20:44:28

Thank you - will speak to mindees mum about it tomorrow.

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 23-Jul-08 00:22:56

i think if the parents are happy for their 15yr old to pick up their sibling that is up to them but i'd write a policy/permission form.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now