Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Ofsted are coming to see me about the variation I requested, what should I expect?

(11 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Tue 22-Jul-08 08:58:00

They are coming on friday, I'm treating it as a proper inspection, is this the case? Will they ask me about the EYFS?
What do I need to remember? I think it will be fine but it doesn't stop you panicking does it!?

KaySamuels Tue 22-Jul-08 10:46:56

I didn't know they did this LMG, is it new?

I have just put in for a variation too so wonder if they will come to me too.

I would say just have all your paperwork at hand for them to look through, and a mental list of things the kids can do whilst inspector there, probably just coming to see you are managing ok and kids all happy and settled. smile I'm sure it will go fine x

dmo Tue 22-Jul-08 11:18:37

is your inspection due?
they will not ask you bout the EYFS other than maybe asking if your aware of it
never heard them visit before for a variation have you asked a lot of times?

just list all the things such as risk assessments with 4 children in mind

LoveMyGirls Tue 22-Jul-08 13:44:21

Inspection not due until next october. I listed everything when I wrote to them so hopefully it's jsut a case of meeting me and hearing it all in person.

Berryred Tue 22-Jul-08 14:59:38

When I asked for a varition ofsted came out and did my inspection (this was in dec and was due inspection in the jan so) all they did for the varition was see how much space I had, asked me about how I plan to look after more children, how it would effect the children already in my care and what I would do for thi

sorry sounds scary! but it wasn't they were really nice.

They will not ask you loads on EYFS as it is not legal until 1st Sept!

Berryred Tue 22-Jul-08 14:59:55

I meant a legal requirement!

southernbelle77 Tue 22-Jul-08 19:35:08

I didn't have them come out for my variation request so not sure tbh! I would imagine it is to check space and things like that rather than all the paperwork needed for an inspection etc.
I think they will probably just ask how you will cope with them all when out as well as at home etc. And what would you do if one of them hurt themselves etc.
Hope it goes ok

JenniPenni Tue 22-Jul-08 21:25:48

I asked for a variation, and they told me they would have okayed it on the phone due to my experience (ex nursery), had I not been due my first grading inspection... which happened today! All went very well, and variation was granted.

If they have asked to come out to see you I would ensure all your paperwork is up to date. Sod's Law they will ask!

LoveMyGirls Wed 23-Jul-08 09:31:17

This is the first time I've asked for a variation, I had my first inspection in 2006 so not due one until oct 09 but i did move house last year so as you say probably coming to check theres enough space.

Well done on your first inspection JP!

I don't know why I'm so nervous, it's not like I mind what the outcome is and I don't think they'll be doing a full inspection but I'm ensuring everything is in place as if I will be fully inspected.

Can you remind me all the paperwork I need to have to hand incase I've forgotten anything please?

looneytune Wed 23-Jul-08 21:26:18

very quick post as bit busy but i know you wanted me to put my bit in wink......i had someone when I asked for the one before last variation, this was because i'd asked for several things in a short period of time so they wanted to see if i was likely to want anything else in the near future. also, because it was for overnight care, she probably wanted to check the property as i'd also moved since my initial inspection.

for me, it was just a chat about the situation and she asked what else might help so i added hours for school hols, just in case the term time mindee wanted adhoc care then. it was very casual and she was really nice and didn't look at any paperwork other than request.

not sure that helps but good luck and let us know how it goes xx

LoveMyGirls Thu 24-Jul-08 12:07:18

Thanks for your help everyone, has anyone else got any words of wisdom before tomorrow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now