Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone need p/t childcare assistance in South East London?

(3 Posts)
Kimmy1080 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:28:51

Hi there

I'm in a strange predicament. I'm not a 'qualified' nanny or childminder. But I am an experienced mum of two toddlers (a 4 year old and a 2 year old). I'm also a qualified infant massage instructor so I work with parents and babies on a regular basis, plus I run baby and toddler music and movement classes.

My eldest attends a pre-school nursery five days a week and my 2 year old will be joining her brother in January. It pains me to let them go sad

I adore children, especially the under 5 age-group and have been thinking a lot recently whether to train as a childminder but whilst running a small business, it has held me back from doing so.

I have a fully enhanced CRB clearance check and have full liability insurance through my work with children. I am a non-smoker, I love doing lots of activities with small children such as soft play, arts and crafts, one o'clock club, parks, etc. I also hold a clean full UK drivers licence.

I have a beautiful home in South East London which is on a hill, away from the hustle and bustle of London life! We have a lovely back garden with swing, slide, trampoline and lots of soft play equipment.

If anyone out there has a pre-schooler (baby or toddler) that they need part time care for, and you like the sound of me smile (I really do love children which is why I surround myself with them), then please send me your email address and I will gladly tell you more about me and what I do etc. The absolute maximum I could offer is three days a week due to my other work commitments.

I do understand that me not having the relevant qualifications down on paper could seem 'risky' but I would encourage you to have a chat and/or meet with me. I've had the opportunity to look after friends and clients little ones but I was unable to offer care on a full time basis sad

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

starlady Mon 21-Jul-08 22:43:58

Blimey ... you sound great. I'm close by. If my 'smoking au pair' (I posted about this today) flies the nest I'd be interested over summer hols, although i think my kids are too old for you unfortunately - 5 and 7. You definitely want little ones?

Kimmy1080 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:54:43

aww, thanks for the compliment. I would love to meet your children... will read your other post now, keep in touch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now