Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

MONDAY STAFFROOM

(16 Posts)
KaySamuels Mon 21-Jul-08 09:40:50

No one about?

Just me and ds here, only working 4-7pm today. smile

I have emailed Ofsted for a variation this morning so keep your fingers crossed for me.

DS's latest quirkiness here if anyone gets chance have a read. smile

eleanorsmum Mon 21-Jul-08 10:42:26

hello, we're off to meet looneytune later today! am quite excited really! have two little ones and dd (off to pre-school before we go!)

kay - hope your variation gets agreed!

KaySamuels Mon 21-Jul-08 11:05:51

Aaw say hi to looney from me. smile

We just made choc cornflake buns with raisins mixed in - yummy!

dmo Mon 21-Jul-08 11:58:03

hi

i'm here only start work at 1.30pm today
had my aseser here this morning and we went through the EYFS stuff and my grant forms so she has left me with a lovely bungle of paperwork to get through, coming back 11th August so have plenty of time smile

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 12:35:22

Help -WWYD? 14mth old mindee has had loose poohs for about a week and a half now, thursday must have had about 7 in one day I had him friday as usual and he was fine for the first half of the day( I only had him half the day), now dd2 (age 2) has got diahhorea (tiny bit in pants this morning) then lots on the loo! I've sent mindee home because I can't really deal with 2 having diahhorea at the same time but what do i tell his mum? Should she bring him tomorrow or not? Should she still pay or not? (usually if my kids are ill and I'm shut then I don't charge but if she has got diahhorea from mindee then is that fair?) I've got one older mindee here and I've been trying to contact parents with no success. What should I do?

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 12:45:24

Meant to say baby has been teething so we thought that explained the loose poohs if I had thought it was a bug I wouldn't have had him.

SimpleAsABC Mon 21-Jul-08 13:09:39

If her child still has the loose poo, sorry can't spell the other word, then I'd probably expect her to pay for the space, even though she isn't using it.

However, if hers doesn't and your child does, I think maybe you shouldn't expect the usual rate, even though her dc could have been the cause. You'd be unable to prove it iykwim.

I'm not a CM just thought I'd try and help.

dmo Mon 21-Jul-08 13:25:02

difficult espe if you think its teething problems but say to mum as your dd now has it you expect its a bug which her child has got and the child needs to be 24hrs clear before returning to you

Shoshe Mon 21-Jul-08 14:11:53

I wont let child in for 48 hours after last D&V, and they are charged as it is the child that is sick.

I didnt charge when I got it from children and had to close tho. A 'perk' of the job, bugs!

nannynick Mon 21-Jul-08 14:17:13

Since changing nanny job, I now don't work Mondays. It is taking a bit of getting used to.
Not done a lot today... ordered some embroidered polo shirts and did some food shopping. Exciting life hey.
After my late lunch, it will be time to do the recycling run, and then I may even clean my kitchen (it's full of things for recycling at the moment).

jillyj Mon 21-Jul-08 14:31:23

im off all this week. working for 3 then away for last 2 before schools back.

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 15:46:20

Thanks shoshe

The latest is dd has had 2 bouts of D now and is lying on the sofa watching tv, I've rung mindees mum and we've agreed to contact each other when our child hasn't had D for 24hrs then leave it another 24hrs before she brings mindee to me and we also agreed on half pay. Older mindees mum has said she doesn't mind if dd2 has D so older mindee is staying (is that ok?) I don't mind her staying it means dd1 has someone to play with (they are both 9)

Ofsted are coming to see me on friday about the variation for 4 under 5 that i asked for, can someone please remind me of everything I need my head is a total shed after the goings on this week, I feel sick with panic and I'm not even too fussed what the outcome is but obviously I want them to be pleased with me!

Still haven't heard anything from other mindees family apart from the fact they can't pay me sad will deal with that next week I think.

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 16:05:27

Paperwork for ofsted, I've got home insurance, car insurance, driving license, mot cert, vehicle reg. I've got all paperwork and accident forms etc relating to all the children I care/cared for, what else do i need?

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 16:05:58

I've also got my attendance register.

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 16:10:06

Some of the attendance reg isn't signed in places, what will ofsted say? (vast majority is but there are bits that haven't been signed, has all been filled in though)

LoveMyGirls Mon 21-Jul-08 21:46:35

I'm really worrying now Can anyone give me some reassurance please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now