Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: Sunday Staffroom

(8 Posts)
nannynick Sun 20-Jul-08 20:55:20

No staffroom today sad

What you all been up to today?
I've not been working for once. So I went to the cinema to see Wall.E - it was good, I liked it. Mind you I like films with little dialogue.

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 20:58:12

Hi Nick

I have packed 3 separate suitcases so we can all go in different directions

DH to Papworth
DD to Northampton with Nana & Auntie J
Me - well I'm not sure where I'm going I may stay at the hospital depending upon how DH is, or go to Auntie J's for a girlie few days, but if a parent is unco-operative I may have to go hame

And I'm looking for a Christmas holiday to cheer DH up - but not getting very far

KaySamuels Sun 20-Jul-08 21:33:01

Hi all smile

I spent this morning nursing a hangover blush

KM - is your dh ok? have I missed something?

NN - me and dp want to see Wall.E, he looks like jonny5 grin

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 21:35:58

Dh has been medically retired for 15yrs but over the last 3/4 he has started to decline

Recently he was at Papworth and they have diagnosed a particularly nasty bug actually in his lungs (rather than the lung cavity iyswim)

So he is off for 14 days IV antibiotics

KaySamuels Sun 20-Jul-08 21:41:07

Aaw poor thing - good they spotted it though.
Hope he ABs do the trick. smile

nannynick Sun 20-Jul-08 21:46:04

Sorry to hear your DH is poorly Katymac. He seemed full of life when I met him... so hope he is back to dancing again soon.

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 22:02:03

When we first met 15yrs ago he danced 6 nights a week plus 9am til 11pm on Sundays

He has gradually dropped down over the years to 3 or 4 nights a week when DD was born - this is now down to once a week if he is well

This is the first stage in long-term treatment - he will be on medication for a long-time probably low dosage AB's & it may take 2 yrs to 'cure' him

I don't know if you noticed Nick, but everyone was quite careful of him - other people did the normal jobs, washing up, moving chairs, etc - DH got up late and sat around a lot the others all knew the night before had been hard on him.

BTW my cousin was so grateful to see Nana that day - it was the last time he saw her and he needed to visit as she had been a real positive influence in his life

KatyMac Mon 21-Jul-08 08:16:49

We have a bed.....off we go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now