Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

FRIDAY STAFFROOM.

(11 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 18-Jul-08 11:03:02

HI EVERYONE - i've had to take the day off as ds has chickenpox he is absolutely pickled - i got about half an hour sleep last night sad he was crying and so so itchy and also very angry angry - he's coping better today but is very tired. He's dosed up with Piriton and liberally coated in Eurax and he had nurofen when he had a temp. last night is there anything else i can do to help him?

aGalChangedHerName Fri 18-Jul-08 11:05:01

Coolish bathe in bicarb of soda helped my lot hugely when they had the pox. Sympathies to you. It's a nightmare xx

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 18-Jul-08 11:20:54

oh thanks aGal- how much bicarb?

aGalChangedHerName Fri 18-Jul-08 12:36:56

Well i just used to pour under running water so maybe a quarter of a tub? I used to bath mine during the night too. Only thing that gave them enough relief to sleep.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 18-Jul-08 18:52:22

VV hope DS is feeling better.

Calpol/neurofen will help him to feel comfortable too.

I see you have already got Eurax and Piriton.

I would add in E45 cream, kept in the fridge so that is goes on cool.

HTH

Could you help here please ??

I am scratching my head grin

eleanorsmum Fri 18-Jul-08 18:55:23

we used aqueos (sp!) with calamine weh dd had it recently, cheap, thick and cooling. readily availbe too!

had last day with dd at pre-school today! sniff sniff off to big school sept! where has the time gone!

am currently car hunting again, mine is dying slowly! arg!

KaySamuels Fri 18-Jul-08 18:58:22

Aaw your poor ds sad. Hope he feels better soon.

I had a lovely end to my day today

The biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen, a big box of chocs and a card from my shift work sibling mindees and their mum. smile smile smile

The youngest finished last night, the eldest a while back and I bought them books with special messages written inside.

I have minded them over 3 years and it will be so strange not to see them all the time! Have decided not to cm for shift workers again though, the early mornings and late nights do me in!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 18-Jul-08 19:00:01

smile

my first mindee and his brother are leaving at the end of July and I feel quite <<sniff>>

KaySamuels Fri 18-Jul-08 19:15:20

It is emotional isn't it! I went all weepy!

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 18-Jul-08 22:03:58

ds is a bit better now <<fingers crossed>> i hope he sleeps thru tonight 'cause i'm sooooo tired - dp is home tonight so he can go to him if he wakes but if ds is same as last night i don't think he'll cope sad

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 18-Jul-08 22:04:29

Awwww

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now