Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Need help writing a tricky policy

(6 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 17-Jul-08 15:44:01

Sort of a "if a child maliciously hurts another child I'm going to sack them" policy

Obviously allowing for age/stage appropriateness (so a 2yo biting is (while not acceptable but understandably) OK ish, while a 10yr kneeing another child in the stomach is not - or is it & I am unreasonable

lou031205 Thu 17-Jul-08 17:35:41

Can it not be a clause in a more general policy? So a "reserve the right to withdraw care..." type thing. Allows flexibility and discretion.

FromGirders Thu 17-Jul-08 17:40:33

What about putting it under your behaviour management policy? Something along hte lines of "in exceptional cases of repeated physical violence, after consultation with parents/carers, the provision of care may have to be withdrawn"

KatyMac Thu 17-Jul-08 18:30:58

I guess so

My behaviour policy doesn't allow for bad behaviour just naughtiness

I (luckily) haven't had bad behaviour before

TJ1976 Thu 17-Jul-08 19:48:18

I agree with fromgirders. Good idea to change your behaviour policy.

aGalChangedHerName Fri 18-Jul-08 15:34:57

I have it in my Behaviour Policy too. Along the lines of if aftre speaking to/working with parent and child to stop the unwanted behaviour i reserve the right to terminate the contract due to the bahaviour. Last resort etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now