Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

NannyNick (or anyone else)- come & talk to me about creches

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 17-Jul-08 11:59:59

I need to know all

6 days a year, 2 hrs a session - what do I need to run this?

TIA

KatyMac Sat 19-Jul-08 18:05:26

bump for Nick

nannynick Sat 19-Jul-08 22:08:49

From EYFramework06 (HMI 2601a):
The definition of crèches is:
Facilities which provide occasional care for children under 8 and are provided on particular premises on more than five days a year. They need to be registered where they run for more than two hours a day, even where individual children attend for shorter periods. Some are in permanent premises and care for children while parents are engaged in particular activities, e.g. shopping or sport. Others are established on a temporary basis to care for children while their parents are involved in time-limited activities e.g. a conference or exhibition.

From P0001899, Exemptions:
provision which operates for less than 2 hours a day or on fewer than 6 days a year; this exemption currently exists, meaning that Ofsted does not have to register very short term providers.

short term occasional care, to comprise settings which:
- look after individual children for periods of two hours or less. The hours should be calculated at the level of an individual child; provision that only looks after children for very short periods of time while parents undertake activity on the same site, such as shopping, or sports activity, will no longer be required to register. Such provision will only be able to take individual children for less than 2 hours. If they take individual children for longer, they will have to register.
- operate for six days at a time or less on the same site – to capture companies which supply crèche provision for events nationwide; there are mobile crèche companies who currently have to register every time they set up at a new site. These are to provide short term care for children while their parents are attending an event such as Crufts.
- do not care for any individual child for more than six consecutive days at a time (judged in relation to the normal opening days of the setting).

KatyMac Sat 19-Jul-08 22:15:32

Lovely

Thanks

nannynick Sat 19-Jul-08 22:22:06

What are you planning? Not fancying running a mobile crèche are you?

poppymay Sun 20-Jul-08 07:23:06

Sorry to jump on your thread but do you know if there is a restriction on how many children you can look after if the crèche is open for under 2 hours?

Thanks!

KatyMac Sun 20-Jul-08 10:03:04

PoppyMay - I think tho' I may be wrong that as long as you are in ratio and there is enough floor space per child there isn't a maximum (although it might be a group of 26)

No Nick - But SS have asked us to take over an existing one for foster carers

Anna8888 Sun 20-Jul-08 10:10:40

What an odd definition of a creche - a word that has been lifted straight from French and has a very clear meaning in French (full-time daycare).

nannynick Sun 20-Jul-08 10:42:25

Must get confusing for French families in this country.

Anna8888 Sun 20-Jul-08 17:49:57

Yes... what the English call a creche is called a "garderie" in France...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now