Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Probably stupid question re pre and post schoolcare

(4 Posts)
noneshallsleep Wed 16-Jul-08 19:17:15

My dd starts reception this year, having been at full-time nursery. My brilliant (!) plan had been to take her to the school's breakfast club, and then get an after-school nanny to look after her from 3.30. It now seems that (although I've been on the waiting list since Feb) there won't be a place for her in the breakfast club. I'm sure I'm not the first to face this - what do others do? Are there childminders who would take her for an hour from 8am? (I've asked for a list of childminders in the area but am, I suppose, looking for a theoretical answer!)

(PS is it just me, or does anyone else who's followed conception and/or pregnancy threads do a double take when people refer to their CM on here?!)

nannynick Wed 16-Jul-08 22:09:44

yes, childminders can do before and after school care. Some will also do full day care during school holidays.
I would expect there to be a minimum charge for before school care.
Ask school receptionist, they may know childminders who already take/collect from the school.

wohmum Wed 16-Jul-08 22:10:37

You can probably get a childminder for before school no probleme if you are using the same childmnder for after school too ..

you may also get one who will just do the before school bit but I think it;s often not really worth their time just for 5 hours a week - prob depends where you are and how busy they are!

canofworms Wed 16-Jul-08 22:15:52

I had a cm that did this and took them all day in the holidays as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now