Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Question for childminders - term time only jobs?

(8 Posts)
MandMand Wed 16-Jul-08 16:07:53

How likely is it that I would be able to find a childminder prepared to look after my two year old for five days a week, but during term times only? Would I probably need to pay for a full time all year round place, or do you think I would be able to negotiate a reduced rate or retainer for the school holidays?

TheHolyGrail Wed 16-Jul-08 16:10:32

No need for retainers - many CMs with their own children like to be childfree over Summer - so it works out for both parties - at least thats what we have been used to - maybe our very first CM charged for Summer hols - was such a long time ago though - ds1 16 next week!

OFSTEDoutstanding Wed 16-Jul-08 16:44:07

I love term time only contracts. It means that I can pick and choose if I want to work in the holidays and as my dc get older and start school I can spend holidays with just them grin I don't charge for school hols if term time only and they can book days in school hols on mutually agreeable basis!

MindingMum Wed 16-Jul-08 16:50:38

Ditto OFSTEDoutstanding

MandMand Wed 16-Jul-08 17:03:26

Thanks, thats sounds promising! So much more flexible than a nursery. If I need a place starting in September, I suppose I should start phoning round now?

Love2bake Wed 16-Jul-08 17:51:17

I am a CM and have two children only term-time.

I don't charge in the holidays as it works out better for me to have more time in the holidays.

You may find some CM's do charge something in the holidays. I would say that half-fee is fair.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 16-Jul-08 17:53:51

Same as the others - charge for term-time only.

I have full-timers too that carry on through the hols.

HTH

JenniPenni Thu 17-Jul-08 01:15:01

Every childminder is different, and offers a variety of flexibility, there are no set rules for CMs regards this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now