Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders food charges

(6 Posts)
boobum Sat 05-Feb-05 09:07:10

Hello
I'm a newly registered childminder living in East Sussex. I've been asked to supply an evening meal for two children and have no idea how much extra to charge.

It will be basic food eg fish fingers/omelette, vegetables, potatoes etc.

I would be grateful for any guidelines anyone can offer. Thanks.

KatieMac Sat 05-Feb-05 14:46:00

I don't charge for meals it is my hourly rate

But I put meals for the children through my accounts

for under 8's
B/F £0.75
L £1.50
D £1.75

for under 1's
£1 per day

for over 8's
B/F £1
L £1.75
D £2.00

don't know if this helps?

boobum Sun 06-Feb-05 22:48:00

Thanks Katie Mac.X

Uwila Mon 07-Feb-05 11:59:49

How about if you work out what the food will cost you, and pass that on to the parents? I would think kiddie food would cost around £2 per kid per day.

When I used a childminder, she would jusst feed the kids who were still there whatever she was feeding her own kids. When mine was young enough that it baby food / formula, I would provide the food (usually a weekly supply on Mondays), then when she was old enough she just had whatever was on offer.

Obviously if you don't have kids of your own to feed, this is a bigger burdon and I think it's fair for the mom to cover the cost of the supplies plus the cost of you obtaining the food (i.e. the time it takes for you do the shopping)

I am a childminder, and never have been. But, from a parent's point of view, I think this would be fair.

bonkerz Mon 07-Feb-05 12:26:03

I charge a weekly rate of £10 per child this includes snacks (fruit), Fresh fruit juice and milk to drink, a cooked lunch and a tea (usually sandwich or toast of crackers!). Because i cahrge it as an extra separate from my fees it means i dont have to provide IR with reciepts as that is what parents pay me per week just for food!

boobum Tue 08-Feb-05 13:20:29

Thanks everyone. I thought about £2 for a hot meal and dessert but wanted to make sure this was fair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now