Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

wednesday staff room, cakes all round!

(35 Posts)
eleanorsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 08:18:54

Morning all. Had my first inspection yesterday and got OUTSTANDING! soooooooooo please with my self! all my hard work rewarded. so have bought big fat lemony cake in for us all to share on this summers day. trouble is now i feel like winding down and going on hols! (am off a week on saturday!) but still got a week and a bit to get through yet............. off to drop in this morn which will be fun as usual!

have a good day all, em x

dmo Wed 16-Jul-08 08:31:18

fantastic news well done

went to visit a cm last night (i have been given to look after) and shock she had no paperwork signed from any parents she said they didnt have time
spent ages last night going through files as she had bits in one and other bits in other (in different rooms)
told her to phone parents while i was there (which she did) and tell them she cant look after their children till they brought all the paperwork back signed
hopefully today they will.
she had no policys i was there till gone 10pm sorting some out with her had to get dh to send my files throught e-mail to show her.
but she was a fab lady room set up lovely she made nice food for the children

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 16-Jul-08 08:51:36

congratulations on your "outstanding" - now relax!

dmo - oh my god! {do you get paid to do that?}

everyone else good morning smile

mumlove Wed 16-Jul-08 10:35:50

Good morning to you all.

I will leave a message but I cannot read any posts as mn will not show them sad

Bright and sunny here today and I am glad as it's the school picnic today so I need to make my lunch ready(what shall I have).
Will be back later to see if I can read posts, have a great day smile .

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 11:41:44

Cakes!!!! I like cakes

Congratulations EM

Poor you DMO - arent you nice

ML - you will get lots done then

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 12:05:28

Hi everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS EM!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell us more....how many dc's did you have with you, what were you all doing while they were there what did she say that made you feel really proud etc?

Things are good here, gearing myself up for a busy time over summer, dp has booked an exam during the hols, I've said its not such a good idea as I'll be run off my feet and when he's here i'll need him to help with our kids but he's saying theres no way he can put it off for a couple of months so I'm now thinking if he does it sooner rather than later at least its out the way!

I'm waiting for OFSTED to call me about the variation I asked for, I rang on monday and they say they have recieved it, any one got any idea what will happen next? I just want to know one way or the other, hate waiting lol!

My 3 are all having a nap now so i'm off to grab a cuppa and lunch once i've cleaned the mess!

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 12:07:01

DMO - shocking how disorganised some people are! You're a saint!

Anyone feel ready for eyfs yet? I've got to do a few things but no idea when i'm going to get round to it!

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 12:43:40

We are looking at EYFS recording this afternoon - scarey

eleanorsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 12:56:44

lmg - she was a lovely lady who just seemed to ask the right questions to enable me to cahtter on about what we do. she asked a few specific questions but then looked at my portfolio and parent pack. she liked how organised i was specifically the childrens baskets (each one has one with their name on for nappies and spare clothes etc) and she liked to free toy selection, she also liked my activity and how i stretched it for my own dd (by giving her scissors to cut out with) and havinga choice of materials for collaging. she told me off for downgrading myself on my self eval form! she aslo asid i should go for early years professional status! so all in all she plumped me up to a massive high and gave me a real boost in my confidence as a minder.

thanks for asking! x

dmo Wed 16-Jul-08 13:23:35

no i dont get paid as such (they pay travel but i never send paperwork in)
will phone her later
busy morning this morning had sports day (my sons last one ever in that school) then school was closed 12pm -1pm due to the strick so had 7 home for lunch
going to have my lunch now smile

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 14:53:10

Thats fabulous EM! You must be over the moon!

What would you all do if mindees mum had booked 2 older children (contracted holidays only) in with you for 1 day plus an under 2 for 3 days then said she wasn't bringing any children for 1 week then changed her mind and said she would bring all 3 for about 7 hours for one day, would you charge as normal for the under 2 (for the 3 days) then extra for the older 2 for 7hrs as stated in policies or would you just accept the payment for the pt 3 day child and not charge extra for the older 2 as you haven't had the younger one for 2 of the days, iyswim?

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 15:15:50

I'd charge full for the little one (3 days - I think?)
& full for older 2 for 1 day plus cancellation fee for older 2 for 2 days....maybe?

PinkChick Wed 16-Jul-08 15:28:37

sorry, not read posts yet, need a bit of advice and will come back later..
got mindee 3 almost 4, little boy, he is dreamy at best of times, but today he's walked in dog poo 3 times despite me saying x, watch out theres dog dirt...he just looks at me, blank expression and carries on walking into it?..every time he's been to toilet today he's wee'd on the floor(he IS very good at toilet time usually), not a sprinkle, not aimed, or rather has aimed, but to the side, off the bowl?, he asked for a chocolate(hero's) after lunch and we were all sat on floor and i threw one across to him and it hit him on the arm and he didnt flinch, didnt 'notice' it, just stared blankly, then when i picked it up and put it in fron of him he just stared at it..dd asked himif hed eaten his choc and he said yes?..but it was there?
He's walked into me 3 or 4 times today, just seems totally unaware of his surroundings, like in a dream world, when i ask what he wants to do, he says watch cartoons!?..thats ALL he wants to do?
He's been with me 9 months and slowly things are getting more like this, have spoke to mum about him being quite dreamy, but now its getting like he's regressing a little and nothing anyone(me or the other children) say seems to register??

Used to have a little girl like this and as soon as she started school nursery they picked up on it straight away, but he's already at nursery?, so am wondering if this is 'just him'?, but then why all the back over things????

MaureenMLove Wed 16-Jul-08 17:29:39

<<sniffs the staff room>> Do I smell cake? You do realise that the only reason you got outstanding EM, is because you've got a turtle sand pit and since I gave it to you, I should have cake!grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 16-Jul-08 17:37:24

Well done, EM

PC I would definiteley flag up to the parents that you have concerns about their little boy, write in his daily diary and make a record of your concerns seperately too.

He could just be one of those adorable dreamy types, but if something else is going on (I am thinking petit-mal epilepsy here) then they need to discuss with a medical professional.

Sorry if that is over-dramatic blush

Mo - lol

DMO - I wish you had been my support CM -I have never met mine sad

VV, LMG, KAty - hopw you have all had a good day.

I am out tonight with PTA, knees up for end of term grin

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 19:40:34

Still at work <<yawn>>

mumlove Wed 16-Jul-08 19:53:35

Hello everyone, Wow what a day! The picnic at school was fab and everyone behaved so well and the sun shined.

EM - What wonderful news, now get ready to enjoy your holiday.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening, what time do you finish Katy?

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 19:54:22

8pm - no sign of mum yet hmm

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 20:03:06

Are you joking KM? What time was she supposed to come?

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 20:07:00

8pm (only for this week & last)

Still not here - I may have words......

I have given notice & said I can only have until 6pm from Monday - mum has apparently agreed - but I am away with DH (at Papworth) next week so I am leaving my ladies to sort it out - which is really mean

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 20:08:21

I'd be livid, I'd def be having words it's so unfair on you and the child I'm assuming he/she has school tomorrow and hasn't seen her/his mum all day? sad

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 20:17:03

Gone

I had words

We will see how long it lasts

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 20:18:09

Did she say why she was late?

KatyMac Wed 16-Jul-08 20:20:39

Traffic/work/not sure I really care

I did point that out

KaySamuels Wed 16-Jul-08 20:25:07

Congrats EM that is brilliant! smile

Can anyone help on my WWYD thread please??

KM shock that is not good {head shaking, tutting emotion}. Hope you told her off! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now