Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny / mothers help etc available *anywhere*

(27 Posts)
navyeyelasH Tue 15-Jul-08 22:09:36

Hi everyone I'm just testing the water a little bit here as I am not 100% sure YET (will know for definite tomorrow) if I will be able to do this.. but would anyone be interested in the following:

I currently work as a nanny & the family I work for are off on Holiday from the 25th July - 10 August. I had lined up work for this period but the family have just let me know that they wont be needing me now as they are going away sad.

As it stands I have 2 weeks completely fee with nothing really to do (I have a holiday planned for later in year with my partner), and I just know I am going to be so bored as I am one of those people that is always on the go.

I was wondering if there were any Mumsnetters that might be interested in childcare for this period? I am based in Bristol but am willing to travel anywhere in the UK really (but you would have to put me up if you live miles away) and could even come away with you for an extra pair of hands entertaining the children, I have my own tent and passport if you're going somewhere exotic!

Bit of a long shot but if you don't ask you don't get as my dad says. Have a look on my website www.hayleyevans.co.uk for more info about me and what sort of person I am.

{grin} xx

navyeyelasH Wed 16-Jul-08 08:27:09

BUMP

stressed2007 Wed 16-Jul-08 11:23:50

We may be interested if you decide to do this - will you post when you know please? Thanks

SIOBHANB2008 Wed 16-Jul-08 11:39:58

stressed2007 i would be intested in helping you, where abouts are u?

Tutter Wed 16-Jul-08 11:42:33

we may be interested as we move house on 4th august and could do with an extra pair of hands over those two weeks

we're nr henley-on-thames and could provide accommodation

perhaps you could mail your cv to mrs dot tutter at hotmail dot co dot uk?

RubySlippers Wed 16-Jul-08 11:43:42

<<hijack - TUTTER - you exchanged then?!>>

Tutter Wed 16-Jul-08 11:43:52

nb extra hands needed for childcare, not helping to move wink - we have packers and movers!

Tutter Wed 16-Jul-08 11:44:16

yes smile am excited

BigTummyMummy Wed 16-Jul-08 11:55:50

Great website Hayley! It is really professional but fun at the same time. I'm dead jealous.

RubySlippers Wed 16-Jul-08 11:57:09

congratulations Tutter smile

Tutter Wed 16-Jul-08 12:00:54

ah, have seen your website now hayley - great stuff. is there anything extra on the cv that doesn't feature on the site? if not, i shall have another look this evening (with dh) and we'll be in touch tomorrow

stressed2007 Wed 16-Jul-08 12:01:33

I am N.London/Hertfordshire borders. Any good?

SIOBHANB2008 Wed 16-Jul-08 20:55:39

stressed 2007 im in barnet where r u?

navyeyelasH Wed 16-Jul-08 21:58:08

Hey everyone back home from a long hard day at work!

*stressed 2007*: I'm now 99% sure that I will be able to do this now as the parents that I was supposed to be working for still haven't got back to me despite two phone calls and message to them today. Please can you email me on imhayley@gmail.com letting me know where you are, the age of your LO's, if you have accommodation, what sort of work you'd want me to do (childcare v childcare & housework, any evening work etc) & what sort of rate you were looking at paying.

tutter congratulations on the new house! Well done you - I bet you could do with some help grin, don't even mind helping you unpack etc (I'm happy to much in anywhere really!). My CV contains slightly more info about my day to day job but nothing that really deviates from my website - the main thing I get from parents when they see my CV is that it shows I am a creative thoughtful person but I don't think it adds much. I will email it across in a bit. If you are still interested could you also send me the same info I requested from Stressed please.

First come first served and all that, so be in touch soon ladies (although if Siobhan2008 can help stressed maybe there will be enough nannies for everyone!)

BigTummyMummy thank you for the lovely feedback about the site, I did it myself & I know nothing about computers! There are still some things I'm not totally happy with (the pictures across the top), but after all the blood sweat and tantrums I am so happy with how it turned out! Why are you jealous, do you need a website? I can probably help you out if you gave me an idea of what you wanted?

xxx

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Jul-08 11:28:34

Ok tutter doesn't need anyone now so Stressed2007 if you could get in contact would be brill!

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Jul-08 19:15:42

bump!!

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Jul-08 13:21:45

Hey everyone just to confirm I am certainly free for these dates!

anyoneoutthere Fri 18-Jul-08 16:55:44

Hi navyeyelashH

I am a nanny who would LOVE a website but dont know where to start.

Would you mind emailing me on croydonnanny@yahoo.com

Thanks!

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Jul-08 22:23:48

Hey anyoneouthtere, I am going away for the weekend leaving tomorrow morning & have a load of stuff to do tonight. I'll drop you a mail on Sunday when I get back & we can sort something out for you x

anyoneoutthere Sat 19-Jul-08 10:07:39

Thanks navyeyelasH - i appreciate it x

tomwill Sun 20-Jul-08 11:14:32

Hi Hayley,
I just picked up this thread.

I'm absolutely desperate to sort out childcare for my two boys (aged 5 and 8). The Columbian au pair has run into visa difficulties and now can't come. I need cover next Tuesday 22 July to Fri 25 July / Mon 28 July and Fri 1 Aug / Tues 26 Aug to Frid 29 Aug / Mon 1, 2, 3 Sept.

Any dates you might be able to cover would be great.

We live in St Albans, Hertfordshire and have lovely room with ensuite (was ready for au pair's arrival).

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks. catherinegj@gmail.com

overthemill Sun 20-Jul-08 11:26:41

tomwill have you tried here for a temp sitter? hayley - have you thought of registering with them too?

overthemill Sun 20-Jul-08 11:28:12

whoops this link might work

SIOBHANB2008 Sun 20-Jul-08 11:28:59

tomwill i maybe able to help you, im in barnet! mail me on siobhanboland1991@hotmail.com

navyeyelasH Sun 20-Jul-08 18:01:32

Hi tomwill I have just sent you an email, so check your inbox.

overthemill thanks for the link, I have been registered with that site for a while but haven't had much joy from it unfortunately! There never seem to be any jobs in my area - or in fact any area that I enter maybe I am doing something wrong? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now