Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

inspection but no mindees.

(7 Posts)
ladylipgloss Tue 15-Jul-08 14:34:09

I have my inspection in August. I made them aware that i am not currently minding due to having to take time off because of work being carried on my house. I am due to mind again in september and asked if it could be put off until then. I was told no, and that because i will not have mindees the best grade i could expect would be satisfactory. However, the inspector did say it would be clear on my report that i could not acheive a higher grade because of having no mindees so shouldn't look bad. I said my own under 5 would be here, but, apparantly i can't be judged on my care of her (even though she counts as one of my numbers). She said she would judge me on national standards and talk about keeping children safe. I have been so concerned about being clued up on EYFS and that won't even come into my inspection now. What should i be doing to impress her? Please help!

MindingMum Tue 15-Jul-08 16:15:17

I would 'borrow' a child from a friend or relative.

I have known childminders do this even if they do have other mindees if the 'borrowed' child is particually cooperative just to impress!

HarrietTheSpy Tue 15-Jul-08 16:31:09

That sounds so bonkers. What are they on? Are you sure that this woman is not just overbeaucratic and that you REALLY have to have the inspection now?

littlestarschildminding Tue 15-Jul-08 16:48:06

Yep I would borrow one too....

ls

KatyMac Tue 15-Jul-08 16:54:59

Borrow one (or even 2)

ladylipgloss Tue 15-Jul-08 17:37:03

i'm not allowed to "borrow one" because i havn't got a certificate with my new address on and therefore i will be breaking the rules if i mind. They won't give me one til i have a premises inspection which she said will just be done when she comes at the same time. It is so ridiculous i can hardly beleive it! Have just resigned myself to getting satisfactory now. Hope i at least manage to get that. lol.

MindingMum Tue 15-Jul-08 18:43:26

You need to speak to someone from Ofsted and explain the circumstances before the inspection. They are totally plot lost on this one. I would kick up such a stink if they insisted on an inspection in which, through no fault of my own, I couldn't gain better than a satisfactory.

They are total idiots if they don't understand your logic here. Actually they are just total idiots full stop angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now