Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

suggestions please - leaving present for CM?

(7 Posts)
forevermore Mon 14-Jul-08 14:57:48

My dd is leaving CM to start local preschool and nursery (50/50 split). we moved out of the area but kept her on since she was doing so well there, but now aged 3 and we want her to start being cared for in local area. she has been with CM since 8 months oldsad.

would like to give her somthing special to say thank-you. She is in her fifities and has one grown up son and is married.

any ideas welcome

MorocconOil Mon 14-Jul-08 15:00:11

We bought a big pot filled with lavender to put on the patio when DS left his CM.

caughtintheact Mon 14-Jul-08 19:16:00

any more ideas out there? i need some too!

SimpleAsABC Mon 14-Jul-08 19:24:53

Something Radley? Practical and thoughtful. Prices start from £20ish pounds for a medium purse and go right up to crazy amounts!!

MaureenMLove Mon 14-Jul-08 19:27:44

I gotthis from one of my families as a CM leaving present once. Made me cry. The words are just so perfect. (I flog this, everytime someone wants a pressie for a much loved cm, but to me, it just says it all!)

cece Mon 14-Jul-08 19:29:29

A nice plant for her garden. Every year it flowers she can think of your DD.

Champagne

Vouchers for beauty treatments/hair salon

Fadge Mon 14-Jul-08 20:08:09

I would appreciate something like Maureen has posted, that's a lasting memory of a child. A bottle of wine/box of chocs is a bit of a cop out and soon gone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now