Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Are you ready for the summer holidays? Come and share idea's here?

(7 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 13:00:48

Hi everyone,

Can't believe how quick the holidays have come round again!

I'm wondering if I've done enough to prepare myself, so I want to hear what you're all doing over the summer as I doubt many of us will have chance to catch up with each other!

Anyone got a clue about what the weathers supposed to be doing?

How much planning have you done? I've planned something for morning and afternoon plus how many dc I will have on each day so I don't get confused!

Activities I've planned include.....
Strawberry picking
A few Design your own sessions, things like mug's, bags, hand towels.
Baking
Park & museum
Maths workshop
Teddy bears picnic
Farm
Woodland walk

How many dc's have you got (and ages?) I've got between 3 and 7 dc's ages ranging from 14mths to 10yrs

This will be my first summer with so many children and such a wide age range, they're all really well behaved and we're going away for a week in the middle of it all plus 2 long weekends so hopefully it will go well and I won't be too exhausted by the end of it. (will i hmm)

LoveMyGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 19:04:40

smile

london11 Mon 14-Jul-08 19:26:06

Good idea LMG - I could do with some inspiration for the holidays! One particular mindee requires lots of stimulating activities and is not very good at entertaining herself!

I am thinking.....
-Fruit picking
-Visit to country park (free bar a couple of £ for parking)
-Olympics day (or week maybe) - lots of sports, games, silly competitions along with info on China and chinese food to try, medals and certificates for everyone
-Day at beach or local park with huge paddling pool
-Crafty/making days.....t-shirts to paint, junk modelling on small and large scale (am saving boxes etc for this)
-worksheets, puzzles and games printed from various websites

Thats all ideas at the moment. Days will vary for mindees but DS is 8 and 6 mindees ranging from 18 months to 8 years.

LoveMyGirls Wed 16-Jul-08 11:28:53

Anyone else got ideas?

LoveMyGirls Sat 19-Jul-08 08:35:41

lavenderrose Sat 19-Jul-08 08:46:32

what lovely ideas you have. I have been out of childminding for ages, my sons are all grown up now. But i am going back into it to lookafter baby Grandson. I am considering full time childcare and after schoolies for the hols ect. You have inspired me onceagain

LoveMyGirls Sat 19-Jul-08 08:53:06

Aww thank you! It's all in a day's work blush

Come and see us on the Staff room threads we always welcome new cm's smile I bet you'll have lots of wisdom and advice to pass on that we'll appreciate smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now