Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What would you expect an experienced CM in Central London to charge per day?

(6 Posts)
beansprout Mon 14-Jul-08 11:21:43

Have just seen someone for ds2. She is v experienced (10 years as a CM and was a nanny before that). She would provide lunch while breakfast and dinner would be at home. She charges £55 a day. Is this a huge amount? It's more than ds1's but I suppose prices do go up!!

nannynick Mon 14-Jul-08 11:32:37

I would not be surprised if fees were £5-£8 per hour, so £50-£80 per day. Central London does seem to be a costly area, but then I suspect housing costs are also high.
What area are you looking at specifically... i.e. what do you consider is Central London.

Kensington - rates seem to vary £50 per day seems to be about average.

Cosette Mon 14-Jul-08 11:34:16

Out here in leafy Surrey our childminder is £6ph which works out at £60 for a 10 hour day. The fee does include all food (3 meals if desired), nappies, and trips.

At the end of the day it will be down to supply and demand, not many CM places or better facilities mean they can charge more.

spicemonster Mon 14-Jul-08 11:36:20

I pay 50 quid a day in Kilburn but she provides all meals (no nappies though). When I was looking around, prices seemed to be 50-60 quid a day and some did food while others didn't.

beansprout Mon 14-Jul-08 11:54:04

Thanks. That seems to be about the going rate then. The CM is in Kensal Rise btw.

JenniPenni Thu 17-Jul-08 23:06:35

I am in zone 3, and charge £50-£60 per day, which works out at £5-£6 per hour. I supply all meals and snacks, parents supply nappies. I charge £7 per hour if short-term care is needed.. 3 hours here and there etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now