Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: I have just been made to feel like the queen 8-)

(14 Posts)
PinkChick Sun 13-Jul-08 20:15:08

was invited as "family" to my mindee's christening todaysmile

From the moment we got there, everyone was like "oh, so you're XXX?, ZZZ's childminder"?..each set of grandparents were actually THANKING me!, saying i was doing a wonderful job, that she talks about me and my dd and dp none stop and that im really making a difference to her life smileblush<<cry>>

It was a party of whom i only knew mum dad(not together) mum's partner and mindee and we were made to feel so special and introduced to everyone, people asking me questions, saing how wonderful dd is and what a testement to us she is and that they can see what a wonderful mum and childminder i amsmile

grandparents and great grandparents were so welcoming and fussing over us, being so freindly and well just so lovely and normal and nice.

was nice to sit and chat to mum and dad knowing they dont just think of me as hired help and really had a laugh with themsmile

Mindee kept wanting me to do things with her(and my dd), she adored her present (leapfrog kareoke machine!grin..what almsot 3 yr old wouldnt!smile) and carried it round all daysmile, we hadnt seen her for 2 weeks due to hols and as soon as she saw us in church she changed from nervous bewilderment from all the sea of not quite familier faces to a huge big grinsmile..am just so happy and pleased and feel i 'am' doing this right after allsmile

just wanted to boast share that with everyonesmile

Fadge Sun 13-Jul-08 20:21:29

good on you it's lovely to get that feedback from extended families of the mindee

boast share away!

libbysmummy Sun 13-Jul-08 20:25:44

That is SO lovely - it really makes it extra worth it all when you are appreciated so much.

You sound very lucky to have such a great mindee.......

Well done you!

xx

SimpleAsABC Sun 13-Jul-08 20:33:27

Makes it all worthwhile!!

PinkChick Sun 13-Jul-08 20:57:16

she IS a wonderful mindee a gorgeous little 2 yr old and was honoured to be invited to the family only occasion..and dp sai that all these nice things they were saying about me had been told to them by the parents, so parents thought highly of me toosmile..they mentioned the diaries i write for her, the trips we go on, how she now eats broccoli as i pretend theyre treessmile(my own dd wont fall for that sadlysmile) that they 'bribe' her to do things by saying "what wuld x(my dd) do?, shes a big girl like you"...so then mindee says yes im a big girl like x, i can do thatsmile..im so over the moonsmile..if im honest this family have always been top of my fave list, despite them being separate, they ALWAYS work together and their dd has by no means suffered, shes so confident and happy..what a truely lovey family..am all happy and fuzzy nowsmile

mumlove Mon 14-Jul-08 08:05:41

PC - That's excellent news, I am glad the family really make you part of it smile .

PinkChick Mon 14-Jul-08 09:50:45

Thanks ML, its was really nice after so many parents make us feel like poop by not paying on time/arriving late/not turning up etcsmile..this family have enevr done that and the say nice things about me..Bonussmile

LoveMyGirls Mon 14-Jul-08 12:49:56

Awwwwwwwwww that's lovely!

I had pretty much the same experience the other week too, it was lovely to feel so appreciated, when mindees mum introduced me to people she started by saying "this is xxx my wonderful childminder" it was lovely!

Love2bake Mon 14-Jul-08 13:40:15

Thats really nice - they must think alot of you.

PinkChick Mon 14-Jul-08 13:54:17

its lovely isnt itsmile..uyou normally only hear when your doing something wrong and in this job esp, there is no one to say well done usuallysmile

Pip51 Mon 14-Jul-08 20:50:20

Obviously doing a brilliant job, glad you had a lovely day,

MaureenMLove Mon 14-Jul-08 20:53:09

Perfect! It doesn't matter how Ofsted choose to rate you, when you clearly have an outstanding from your families! smile

imananny Tue 15-Jul-08 10:01:24

how nice of the family - they are obviously lucky to have found you

PinkChick Tue 15-Jul-08 21:23:08

smile..didnt think of it like that Mo..dya think i should get a refererence off them b4 they change their minds????wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now