Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM How do you suggest I handle this? Dp made redundant, not sure how/if to tell/hand in notice to my CM

(7 Posts)
PanicPants Sat 12-Jul-08 22:26:28

Dp made redundant yesterday. Not sure how to approach my CM about this.

We are ok financially until about September, then I will only be working 2 days a week, so will only earn about £600 a month (between us shock, and dp's redundancy money will be running out.

Do I:

*Give her 4 weeks notice now, but then what happens if dp does actually get another job quickly?

*Not give any notice, but Dp can't get a job, so therefore won't have any money to pay CM, and get further into debt.

*Let her know the circumstances and hope that if things get tight we won't have to give her 4 weeks notice (but will also mean she will be worrying about her own income)?

Any ideas? TIA

avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 22:28:43

I would talk to her and tell her the situation that you are in. She will be understanding and you may be able to come to an arrangement that benefits you all. smile

elkiedee Sat 12-Jul-08 22:34:30

How many hours once you go to 2 days a week? And I know it won't cover everything but have you looked at benefits you may be entitled to/tax credits?

KatyMac Sat 12-Jul-08 22:36:11

But if they aren't both working there won't be any help with the Childcare money

I'd just talk to her asap - like avenanap says

PanicPants Sat 12-Jul-08 22:39:24

I've just been on the benefits website, and we don't get any working tax credits as he isn't working.

Yes I suppose I'll have to talk to her.

littlestarschildminding Sun 13-Jul-08 07:51:30

Talk to her, as much so she can keep her ear open for a potential mindee from September. I would agree a rolling notice if you were one of my parents.... eg you give me notice so I can start looking but if I find a new mindee before signing contracts with them I speak to you. That way you will be in a better position to know whether you can keep me on. Gives you both a bit of grace!

LS

JenniPenni Thu 17-Jul-08 01:19:42

I would agree on a rolling notice period. It's about partnership... and the child is the chief concern here. There's nothing you can do about it... and I am sure she would prefer to keep minding your child, even if indefinately.

I hope he finds a job soon! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now