Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is it possible to get a night nanny for the odd occasion in SW London?

(15 Posts)
Essie3 Sat 12-Jul-08 18:46:08

Baby is nearly 4 weeks, and I have to give a presentation next week. Just wondered if anyone knew of any companies etc, or whether we would have to pay for a longer term commitment.

Also would be useful to see if it might be possible to get DS into a routine!

twinkle3869 Sat 12-Jul-08 18:58:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poppy34 Sat 12-Jul-08 19:14:24

yep they are v.good adn in south london.but don't think they help on sleeping through night til baby weaned

phraedd Sat 12-Jul-08 20:15:18

sleep tite nannies are also in south london (I think)

It's a shame that you're not in north london - I may have been able to help you wink

Essie3 Sat 12-Jul-08 22:22:13

Thanks phraedd - can't tempt you to Tooting? The curries are excellent grin. Thrown in with the job!

rodg82 Sun 13-Jul-08 01:55:09

Ooh im in south london and do occasional night nannying/normal nannying/babysitting etc! Im a qualified paediatric nurse and do the extra work along side my shifts - Have you found someone yet?

imananny Sun 13-Jul-08 12:22:27

i do this kind of work sometimes and I get my work through either agencies or word of mouth

you should easily be able to find someone - shame I am not closer

hope presentation goes well,and shame on your work, making you work when you are on ml and baby so little!!

a good night nanny should easily be able to get your ds in a routine

i have a 3week old at the moment,and feeds every 3hrs, reg as clockwork!!

if you manage 5 feed through day,then baby should have a full tummy and be able to start to sleep longer through the night

we feed 7am, 10,1pm,4,7, 10 and then wakes twice in the night 1am and 4am - not bad for 3 weeks eh smile

lindseyfox Sun 13-Jul-08 17:06:44

hello I work full time so tend to night nanny both regularly and ad-hoc so yes it is available.

I charge £2 an hr more for ad-hoc bookings as obviuously i could get a regular booking come up and have to either turn it down or start it later.

i am in leicestershire so not near enough to help you out.

maybe you could find a nanny with lots of baby experience looking for first night nanny job.

imananny Sun 13-Jul-08 17:14:17

look at this page

both of you are in sw - can you help each other?

LadyBee Sun 13-Jul-08 17:45:21

Sorry to hijack, but rodg82 is there some way I could contact you? I'm trying to find an occasional nightnanny/nanny/babysitter and would like to find out a bit more about where you are etc.

anyoneoutthere Sun 13-Jul-08 17:53:21

Hi

I have been working as a nanny for over 10 years and have just completed my maternity training (still waiting for my result!). I am available for night nanny work as well as duing the day. I live in Croydon and dont drive - but happy to travel.

Anyone interested, please email me on croydonnanny@yahoo.com

Thanks

KerryMum Sun 13-Jul-08 17:56:21

don't know but can I ask you how you pronounce ds's name?

beril Sun 13-Jul-08 20:07:16

I`m also in SW. I`ve experience from 5 month onwards. Would like to get in to maternity/night nannying. Currently, working for full time for 2 familes( nannyshare).

Please, let me know if want to see my CV. and talk to my references.

Thanks

Essie3 Sun 13-Jul-08 22:24:24

Ok, will be in touch with several of you shortly!

KerryMum - it's pronounced yes-tin. (Everybody asks me that!) It's Welsh.

rodg82 Mon 14-Jul-08 00:18:26

hiya ladybee/essie3/others
You can get hold of me on my email which is
rar_rar82@hotmail.com - am currently on nights hence the odd posting/reply times!
Feel free to get in touch!
Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
Rachel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now