Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding a childminder for 10 year old

(5 Posts)
jayneybel Fri 11-Jul-08 20:24:47

I live in Leeds and need a childminder from september for my 10 year old. If anyone knows anyone or can point me in the right direction I would be really grateful.

badgerhead Sat 12-Jul-08 06:16:00

Try the Childcare Link website for your area or phone your local Childrens Information Service. Although childminders are only registered for under 8 year olds a lot also mind older children & they would be listed in among the general childminder listings. Also does your child's school have a list of childminders that already bring & collect children from the school. I know where we are in West Sussex our local schools do as we were all given the opportunity to write a profile of ourselves to go into the information book. (It's all part of the extended schools programme)

looneytune Sat 12-Jul-08 08:44:47

Link here

jayneybel Sat 12-Jul-08 18:16:53

Hi and thanks for that I will certainly ask at the school and look for the listings.

jayneybel Tue 15-Jul-08 10:57:41

Thanks for the link looneytune, have just come off the phone with them who sounded quite hopeful they could find someone who looked after 10 tear olds and catered for late finishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now