Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: Oh Lord!, how do i handle this one then?

(8 Posts)
PinkChick Fri 11-Jul-08 10:41:37

3yr old mindee needed toilet, he's fairly capable, so i come up to toilet with him and sit in here while he does his business(just a wee)...after 2-3 minutes i ask if hes ok as taking a while, he says yes...another 23 minutes go by and i go into bathroom , he is facing away from me and is quite enthusiastically, well i cant actually bring myself to say it about a child so small..you get the idea..i asked him what he was doing and why hadnt he wiped his tail and washed his hands(he is very capable of doing this as they also do in nursey) but he just said he was looking at monkey on the wipes??..oh dear me..do i say anything, is it normalat this age?(i dont have boys of my own), do i mention to mum??
sad

PinkChick Fri 11-Jul-08 10:42:46

rightly or wrongly its made me feel quite queesy as i was abused as a child and dont like to associate things like this with children, even though i know they are finding them sleves/bodies etc, but this seems to be too much too young in my mind??

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 11-Jul-08 10:48:28

my ds is 3.7 and i seem to spend half my life telling him to leave his "winkle" alone!! having said that he is basically just fiddling cause its there absentmindedly not in a sexual way if you see what i mean?!

chel86 Fri 11-Jul-08 10:53:49

My ds is 4 and I'm still telling him to leave it alone!! It is probably just curiosity, but if you are worried, then maybe mention it to his mum or make a note of it. Can't do any harm.

PinkChick Fri 11-Jul-08 11:07:04

phew, not ahving boys myself i didnt know what to think!..thaks for putting my mind at rest..will say to mum that he seems to have found an interest in it..im guessing she prob already knows then like you both have said as well!..thank goodness for that!

abba1772 Fri 11-Jul-08 12:13:57

they don't grow out of it, my hubby is 26 and it's still his comforter lol

PinkChick Fri 11-Jul-08 13:23:02

LOL..thanks girls, it was just the shock..he obv doesnt 'really' know what he's doing but i was in a bit of a spin there!smile

imananny Fri 11-Jul-08 17:48:27

perfectly normal - my nearly 3yr hasnt really found his willy yet but my ex boy charge found it at 2 and was always fiddling with it smile

PMSL at abbas comment- but so true grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now