Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Let down again - any childminders in the Worthing/Lancing area?

(5 Posts)
Sherida Fri 11-Jul-08 08:47:54

Hiya! I can't believe my bad luck with childminders. Before DD was born, I had a great childminder ready to take her when I went back to work. Shortly after she was born, the childminder could no longer accommodate me. I spent ages searching through friends, family, the yellow pages, anywhere for another one. I'm due back to work in September and was beginning to panic! I found another lady who was fantastic, but last night she told me she had to do something else.

Now, I've been let down twice, I'm due back to work and have no care! What do I do? It is a possibility with my employer to take DD to work, but for me it's not really practical because a) there isn't a creche, I'm in a shop and b) there is a lot of work with chemicals and I don't really want my DD exposed to those just yet.

Life story aside, and well done if you're with me so far, is there anyone or anyone you know of in the Lancing or Worthing area with a spot available?

Thanks for any help, I'm getting a bit desperate!

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 11-Jul-08 10:19:57

Can you not use a nursery instead as they wont let you down and there is always cover.

Sherida Fri 11-Jul-08 12:44:14

TY for the idea Happy, I did call around a while ago and couldn't find anything, looks like I'll be ringing around again.

laidbackinengland Fri 11-Jul-08 12:56:57

www.childcarelink.gov.uk/whitebox/childcaresearch.asp?vacancies=1&type1=1&type2=0&type3=0&type4=0&ty pe5=0&type6=0&type7=0&type8=0&type9=0&type10=0&results=1&cisid=5023&town1=1583&town2=&town3=&town4=& town5=&schoolid=0

Have you tried this way of searching - have entered orthing childminders with vacancies.Will still require some 'phoning though !

Sherida Sat 12-Jul-08 10:45:26

ty laidback, will try that also, I hadn't realised there was such a search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now