Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: I have dropped myself in it - is it mean to wriggle out?

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 10-Jul-08 21:41:30

I've agreed to provide emergency care for a school age child. I have committed until the end of next week. After that I have written in one weeks notice until September then 4 weeks.

SO tbh I can't do it, I start work at 7:30 and I need to finish at 6pm I am so tired even after 3 days - it is just too much for me

So do I tell the mum:
1) I won't have the child or
2) I can have the child but only until 6pm & she needs to either pick up then or make alternative arrangements

BTW I feel very bad about it - so please don't have a go

eleanorsmum Thu 10-Jul-08 22:08:06

not mean katy just realistic! (you a bit silly to say yes hun!) but you need to be well for all your other children so maybe you can talk to mum about earlier pick up. go on, what harm can asking do!

KatyMac Thu 10-Jul-08 22:19:40

I guess

I feel so bad tho'

KatyMac Fri 11-Jul-08 09:28:05

I'm writing the letter now

The guilt sad

MindingMum Fri 11-Jul-08 11:53:00

Be sure Katy that you will be happy with having the child on reduced hours. In the past I have thought I would cope better with a child if the hours weren't so long.I've reduced the hours and then realised I should have given notice instead when I has the chance,

KatyMac Fri 11-Jul-08 13:11:20

No <<well at least I hope not>>

I work 7:30 'til 6 with other children, so I think I will be OK

Also I have factored 1 weeks notice in until 1st Sept

imananny Fri 11-Jul-08 17:50:50

what time in the evening does the mum want you to have child to?

KatyMac Fri 11-Jul-08 19:14:39

8pm - & I can't I think I'm too old - plus my DD will never get any mummy time

imananny Fri 11-Jul-08 19:21:05

agree 8 is rather late

as a nanny i would be rather pissed off having to work that late, but as a Cm (normally finish by 6) and as a mum you cant do it

maybe a student couldpick charge up from your house and have at childs house tillmummy comes home?

KatyMac Fri 11-Jul-08 19:57:35

Well I told her - she (apparently) doesn't want to lose me (after just 4 days)

So we will see

DH is in hospital 100 miles away from week after next - so I used that & his ill health afterwards as an excuse blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now