Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club: Help with contents of the first aid kit please..

(9 Posts)
malovitt Thu 10-Jul-08 15:02:52

I'm not sure I've got the right bits in mine and my inspection is looming.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of an up-to-date list of what's required? I remember there being some ho-ha about plasters recently?
Also wondering how many cms have had their first aid box examined at an inspection?
Thanks

MrsTiddles Thu 10-Jul-08 18:10:40

I'm not 100% certain but I think we added to a standard Red Cross box a few tubes of saline solution, a special burns dressing and some antiseptic cream.

Someone more knowledgable is bound to turn up here soon.

ellideb Thu 10-Jul-08 18:24:22

Hypoallergenic plasters, dressings, tweezers, scissors, special burns dressings, No creams or lotions though- I think you need parental permission to apply them and nothing that you would have to be in a position to diagnose an ailment in order to use such as Calpol etc. Tap water is fine, you don't need a saline solution, sterile wipes. TBH there is no guidelines ATM for CM's, I was told this on my recent First Aid course and given this list.

Berryred Thu 10-Jul-08 21:32:58

i got mine from red cross child carers first aid kit grin

http://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/?page=FirstAidProduct&ProductID=0045

Berryred Thu 10-Jul-08 21:36:01

haha here www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/?page=FirstAidProduct&ProductID=0045

did it work??

malovitt Fri 11-Jul-08 14:37:35

Yes it did, thanks very much.
I've ordered the Red Cross one as I think you can't go far wrong with that.
So, there are no guidelines now for CMs, ellideb?

I can't keep up.

JenniPenni Thu 17-Jul-08 01:35:53

Each of my kids has their own nappy rash cream, plasters and suncream, Calpol etc. I have written permission from the parents to apply their own solutions too.

eleanorsmum Thu 17-Jul-08 08:57:51

have a look at abc medical services, they are based in Reading and sell a childminders first aid kit, they also sell supplies to top up kits at very reasonable prices.
www.abcmedicalservices.co.uk i think

JenniPenni Thu 17-Jul-08 16:46:44

Great site that eleanorsmum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now