Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

thursday staff room - big fat BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!!

(16 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 10-Jul-08 00:23:34

mornin' everyone it's my birthday today so i've brought in a great big fat girl birthday cake to share!!!
no mindee's today and hopefully ds will be fully better and at pre-school in the morning - so time to myself - bliss grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 10-Jul-08 00:28:58

Oh happy birthday VV

A great big cake just for you

grin

southernbelle77 Thu 10-Jul-08 06:19:37

Morning!

Happy Birthday VV! Enjoy your day off and hope you manage to get a bit of time to yourself

Busy day again here today but the weather is looking nicer which always makes a difference!

Got school run that under 5 mindees coming before going to drop in. DD at school this afternoon. Mindees will probably sleep so only a short time to find something constructive to entertain them at home

Off on holiday next week and CAN'T wait!!

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 07:06:32

Happy Birthday Violet, I'll pass on the cake (just come in from a run)smile

Don't know mwhat to do today, ity is dry at the mo, but really overcast, but cant stand the thought of being stuck in again today.

Saz73 Thu 10-Jul-08 07:28:37

Happy Birthday Violet. Hope you have a good day.

It's sunny here at the mo, not sure how long for. Off to meet another local childminder this morning, going to compare notes grin

eleanorsmum Thu 10-Jul-08 07:36:01

happy birthday to you vv! hope the sun shines for you today!

sb - i'm off on hols in a few weeks and i can't wait either! we're going to devon via macclesfield (as you do! long story!) really need some family time at the mo! you going anywere nice?

shoshe - go find puddle from yesterday and jump in them! there are still some big ones from yesterday round here!

hi to the rest and have a good day! grin

LoveMyGirls Thu 10-Jul-08 08:11:20

Happy Birthday! vInTaGeVioLeT

Hope you all have a good day!

Shoshe - can't believe you've been for a run at this time of day! Thats mad amazing!

We're going to toddler group then back for lunch and naps, school run and play and dinner and tidy, same old same old just the way I like it before the madness of summer hols!

Where you off to SB? I've booked a few days away at the beginning of aug, should be good to be together for abit.

Shoshe Thu 10-Jul-08 08:51:37

LMGs I go out running , well its a fast walk not up to running yet, every morninvg at 5.45, with oneof my mums, I havnt got the energy at night, and find it really sets me up for the day, didn't go yesterday as it was to wet and felt horrible.

mumlove Thu 10-Jul-08 09:10:33

Happy birthday Violet and thankyou for the cake, hope you have a lovely day smile.

The sun is out here but also have some grey clouds so will wait to see if the rain starts again! It didn't stop yesterday.

I have already dropped DD off at school now waiting for mindee 3 to arrive and then sort out some food to take with us to toddlers party smile.

dmo Thu 10-Jul-08 09:14:21

happy birthday oooooo cake just what i need whos brewing?

PinkChick Thu 10-Jul-08 11:32:12

hi everyonesmile....HAPPY BIRTHDAY VI smile.xxxx

well this morning have had 3 enquiries!!!!!..all not 'ideal' but you just dont know whats going to happen do you, so i hate saying no!..

no 1: 11 month old boy, moving to this area, mum a nurse. Needs 3 days a week (two of whic are my empty days so great!) plus wed..although this may have to swap to tues wed thur as she will be job sharing

No 2: little girl age 3, starting local nursery/school sept (same as dd/mindees), will need picking up at 3pm till 5.30 5 days a week

no 3: little boy (not sure exact age now, but under 2), part time, unsure of hours yet, to start sept.

then have got old mindee wanting to come back, but her mum trainee nurse, so shell before before after school (same school)only but WILL need some evenings and overnights along the way.

Already have a new mindee who is contracted to 2 long days of 6.30am-8pm (doesnt always use them but contracted so theyre there if needs be)

I have one after schooly just left (£30) and another leaving in 2 weeks (£50)..so monthly im going to be min of £320 a month down..however as all these enquiries(if any thing does actually come of them) are eratic ours, im cant have them all and will have to choose wisely....oh god, what to do?

if i take the 3 yr old, my ratios are fine and ill be £50 (£200) month back up,

if i take on 11 mo old ill have to make sure one of my over 5's(new mindee) isnt here on same day to ensure im not over, i will earn £96(+ late hours once a week) a week (£384 min a month)

dont know about 3rd one as dont know hours/days etc.

old mindee coming back would sometimes need normal days and other early to late (6.30-8.30) and sometimes overnights..on a normal week i would get min of £60(£240 month) max could be over £200 per week (this wouldnt happen for 4 weeks in row, so can work out monhtly)..

would like to bring old mindee backsmile...but am (prematurley probably) stressing!..argh..their like buses..just hope i manage to catch one!winksmile

PinkChick Thu 10-Jul-08 13:16:03

Everyone out enjoying the sun/puddle jumping then?smile..ive just been working out while baby asleep that i could either take on old minee and baby OR old mindee and 3yr old nursey starter and only need a variation for 1 hour per week, which i think theyd prob go for?..i cant guess about other little on as no idea on days hours etc?..think i would like old mindee and 3yr old tbh (easier reallyblush as there will only be one place to pick up for everyone!)..just have to keep fingers crossed that something comes of itsmile. Bye for now.x

mumlove Thu 10-Jul-08 14:32:51

Afternoon everyone,

Mindees had a great time at the party.
1 mindee has just gone home and 1 still asleep and 1 building.

Mindee that has gone home has also given notice (comes 4 days) so now on the seach for a new mindee.

Saz73 Thu 10-Jul-08 19:24:04

Hello all, I've had a good day today, just been given notice by mindee i've been having trouble with. Got to say I feel quite relieved and happy. Better go and get advertising.

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 10-Jul-08 21:02:22

boys are like dogs - when i click on the link for a great big cake a cuddly bat is coming up!!!! now is it just me?!

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 10-Jul-08 22:25:10

Yes VV, I batted you for your birthday !

A sign of affection.

Have you not heard of The Bat ?

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now