Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday staff room and it's wet again !!

(12 Posts)
mumlove Wed 09-Jul-08 08:01:59

Morning everyone.
Very wet here again, do you think our lovely summer sun has gone (school breaks up in 2 weeks) or will it return (just as the children go back in Sept)!

Need to do the school and preschool run then will have 1 mindee with me until pick up.

Hopefully the weather is better where you live.

eleanorsmum Wed 09-Jul-08 09:13:09

nope very wet here! off to drop in with two mindees and dd. isn't it just the way, really need to go today to drop in as have inspection next week but have had two invites this morn to go to other places! arg! never mind will call in the offers again after next tuesday!

hope no-one gets too wet today!

Saz73 Wed 09-Jul-08 09:19:49

It's really wet here just got back from the school runs and drying out clothes and kids grin

Just out of interest, if a mindee is dropped off at you at 7.45 would you expect them to have had breakfast or would you cook a breakfast (provided by parent, sausages and egg) at the parents request??

PinkChick Wed 09-Jul-08 09:49:29

dry, sunny and warm here!..hoping it stays this way all day (supposed to change tonight!0 as wed is my chaos day!

Off to go buy lunch (kitchen still upside down!) then back to eat, mindee to school, take baby mindee to park, pick minee up from school soft play trip, mindees x 3 + dd up after school, drop one off at home, one mum will be waiting at mine as we get back, dinner(somehow!) for dd, last mindee goes at 5.30..so glad the weather is kind today!smile

PinkChick Wed 09-Jul-08 09:50:32

SAz NO WAY!..breakfast is cereal/toast/fruit/yogurt..no chance would i be making cooked breakfast on anything but a weekend esp when i had school run to do!

Saz73 Wed 09-Jul-08 09:54:12

Thanks Pinkchick. Just need thinks clarifying. I've been doing it without noticing really, and suddenly had a wake up call that out of the 4 under 5's I mind why should one be treated any differently?? They all arrive at same time approx, some already had breakfast some not and yes others do have toast/ceral and fruit. I know it probably sounds harsh but ut with this particular mindee it's a very loooonnnngggg story!!

PinkChick Wed 09-Jul-08 10:00:23

id speak to mum and say that you're sorry but you are finding it too much of a rush to cook a full breakfast every time their LO is there and you are unable to properly look after (im not saying you ARE, just saying to SAY this) the other/your own children while doing this, plus it gives you no time to getthis child and others ready for school without it all being a mad rush..then theres the cleaning up afterwards when you should be working (greasy pots and pans to wash?)

say you ARE happy to provide/make toast with soft cheese/pate etc on or fruit salad(can prepare night before etc) but from now on you cannot do this and longer????

southernbelle77 Wed 09-Jul-08 11:08:39

Morning! Well it's very wet here today! I cheated this morning and drove for the school run! My excuse is that I needed to go to the post office and pick up my new registration certificate with my variation on it!! Any excuse would have done wink

We've done painting already this morning and now it's snack time so I've quickly popped in while I can!

Sez, there is no way I would make a cooked breakfast! I'm lucky and don't provide breakfast for anyone (not even the ones that turn up at 7.30 as they have it at home)! It's far too much hassle in the morning!

Ok, so what you would do if you had a mindee who can say thank you (or rather 'ta' if not thank you) but refuses to say it when knows they should?

PinkChick Wed 09-Jul-08 11:50:45

how old??..id over emphasize and loudly congratualte the others when they do it and theyll soon come round..my own dd is very polite but i often ahve to say to her "your welcome" in order for her to say it if she's engrosed in something!smile(shes 5)

southernbelle77 Wed 09-Jul-08 12:32:40

Mindee is only 2, but is fully capable and knows when it should be said! Mindee used to say it so I know it's not like they can't! I have been doing the over emphasing etc with the others. Depending on the situation, I have sometimes been withholding either certain toys or say a biscuit if it is not said as I do not want mindee to think that they just get things without being polite too. The others all have to say it so should this mindee. Is that too harsh?
I have to do the 'your welcome' with my dd too! (she's 4!)

mumlove Wed 09-Jul-08 13:35:19

Afternoon, I hope you all have had a nice lunch.
Mindees are sleeping and I am trying to find places to hang all the wet coats. The rain is so heavy that it is soaking through the raincoats so have needed a dry 1 each time I have gone out and still need to go back for school run later!
I am going to have a coffee before waking the older 1.

PinkChick Thu 10-Jul-08 11:12:26

LOL belle, must be thir agesmile

HI ML, no rain here as yet but very threatening..it will come in oh approx45 mins...school run time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now