Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any Nanny Agency Recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Azure Tue 01-Feb-05 10:42:52

I am looking for an after-school nanny. I have put adverts on the Gumtree and in Simply Childcare, but they haven't come to anything. Can anyone recommend an agency? There seem to be so many. As I am pregnant I will probably only be needing someone until July. I have looked at After-School Nannies, but their fee is really high. Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated.

Uwila Tue 01-Feb-05 10:50:20

You might want to try nannyjob.co.uk or greataupair.com.

Where are you? When do you need them?

beachyhead Tue 01-Feb-05 10:52:12

I liked Tinies, but they are a franchise so it mat vary from area to area. I also use Childhood Nannies if you are in Central or West London....

Azure Tue 01-Feb-05 12:16:53

I'm in West London (Chiswick / W12 borders) and need someone for 14-17 hours per week. Thanks for your suggestions.

Azure Tue 01-Feb-05 12:22:38

Oh, and I need someone from February 21, when DS (3.5) starts at his new school.

sinclair Tue 01-Feb-05 16:56:43

Hi Azure, it is worth ringing round the agencies and finding out if they offer p/t (many don't) and cover your area. The only one I liked (I am in W12) was Queens Park nannies - they don't bombard you with girls you wouldn't countenance but take time to pre-vet applicants and then send you through fewer. Having said all that we found our fab nanny via the noticeboard in Ravenscourt Park. Good luck!

sinclair Wed 02-Feb-05 10:39:29

Apologies - think they might be Park Nannies and be based in Queen's Park. Thinking about your timing/hours tho have you considered a nanny share?

Azure Wed 02-Feb-05 11:14:58

Sinclair - thanks for that. I'll give Park Nannies a call. I have thought about nanny share, but would prefer DS to have a nanny to himself (if the nanny share meant looking after more than one child at the same time), so that he can go to playdates etc easily. Sharing a nanny where she works the mornings with someone else would be a better option, although I don't know what would happen about school holidays. I'll bear it in mind. How are you doing, by the way? Wow, your little one must be approaching 10 months by now - how time flies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: