Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First aid - can anyone recommend a suitable course for me

(10 Posts)
Hobnob76 Sat 14-Jun-08 08:36:25

Want to retun to nannying and need to update first aid. Not sure where to look, how much to pay and which course is best. Recommendations please.

nbee84 Sat 14-Jun-08 09:09:59

You need to do a 12 hour paediatric first aid course. Many colleges offer this course. If you phone learndirect they can give you the telephone numbers of colleges local to you that offer this course. Costs vary quite a bit from £50 - £150.

nannynick Sat 14-Jun-08 18:25:15

I've done St.Johns courses over recent years. Price varies on location.
Your local authority should also be able to tell you about training courses. In addition to First Aid they may have courses for Safeguarding Children/Child Protection, Food Hygeine, CAF, and may be setting up a Common Skills course.
Where are you located?

Hobnob76 Sun 15-Jun-08 08:37:25

I'm in Harrogate, Nannynick. Have already done a child protection course fairly recently.

nannynick Sun 15-Jun-08 09:24:38

You have a St Johns training centre in Hornbeam Park. See courses: here. The 12 hour course is called: Early Years First Aid Cost is typically £80.

Red Cross have a centre near Bradford.

nannynick Sun 15-Jun-08 09:36:32

Looks as though your council has a training search facility at:
n-yorks.net
You can also contact: 01609 780780 Ext: 3180 Email: cpd.education@northyorks.gov.uk

Example courses:
Health & Safety in Early Years settings
CAF
Working with Under 3's
Level 2 Food Safety

If you register with Ofsted, you should be able to get on these courses, as the local authority is under a duty to provide access to training to all Ofsted registered childcare providers. As a nanny, you may not get full funding... contact cpd.education to find out what the situation is in your area.

Hobnob76 Sun 15-Jun-08 11:34:08

Thanks Nannynick, will have a look into them.

SophieKilm Mon 20-Jul-15 14:42:25

As a nanny i've been to heaps of first aid courses but only liked two and that was Red Cross and Little Ones. Little Ones was cheaper than Red Cross but both just as good. Here are the links if your still looking...
Little Ones: www.littleoneslondon.co.uk/first-aid-courses/
Red Cross: www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.uk.com/Where-we-train/London.aspx

MaggieW8 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:29:35

Try Babyem, we are working with them, they are excellent. We always recommend 12 Hour ( Ofsted compliant Paediatric First Aid Course), you can book it through our website directly: www.nannycover.com/babyem

MaggieW8 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:30:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now