Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny payroll - which company to choose?

(8 Posts)
adifferentwoman Tue 27-May-08 14:36:21

I'm going to be employing a nanny for the first time and thought it a good idea to use a payroll company to help in the tax / NI area. I've found a few with varying costs - Taxing Nannies, PAYE for Nannies, Nanny Tax, Nanny PAYE and Tax Nanny. Has anyone used any of these? Can anyone tell me why the costs vary so much when they all appear to offer the same service? Thanks

flowerybeanbag Tue 27-May-08 14:42:51

I'm using NannyPaye. First phone call was a bit of a disaster. I went ahead on the basis of recommendations on here. Explained what I wanted (gross annual salary which was worked out on the phone for me), then had my information through and he'd put me down as weekly net pay rather than monthly gross pay.

Phoned up, lady was very helpful and corrected everything. Payslip came through and they'd put nanny on normal tax code despite me saying she had another job. Luckily I checked and thought this was wrong so phoned up again and got it changed again.

So a few hiccups at the beginning, although I'm sticking with them for the time being. They hvae been recommended on here and they have a 30 day free trial so I can back out if they keep cocking it up.

Nannytax I checked out but more expensive and when I looked at their website they had inaccurate and misleading employment law advice on it, so I gave them a wide berth.

nannynick Tue 27-May-08 15:23:03

My feeling regarding pricing is that some of the companies are quite small, therefore their overheads are low.

No experience of using one of these companies as yet, my employers have so far all done their own. New job later this year however will be using a payroll agency... so should be able to give a view about them, in a few months time.

AtheneNoctua Tue 27-May-08 16:36:10

We use nannypaye. Never had any trouble. In fact, I think quite a few mumsnetters use nannypaye.

imananny Tue 27-May-08 19:20:29

all of my employers have used nannytax

Millarkie Tue 27-May-08 21:32:58

I have used nannypaye for a couple of years but have had lots of mistakes from them this year so I will be either looking for another payroll company, or <horrors> trying to do it myself with the IR employers stuff...have no nanny until July so putting off the decision for now.

ScaryHairy Tue 27-May-08 21:33:59

I use Nannypaye but they have made a number of mistakes, so am moving when I get round to it.

APSolutions Tue 06-Oct-09 16:03:44

I've recently started an online payroll company - www.absolutepayrollsolutions.co.uk after several years experience running a large payroll.

I'm more than happy to manage nanny payrolls for approx. £90.00 per annum (payable as £7.50 per month). This includes year-end, calculation of statutory payments, and deductions such as student loans. I will also act as your point-of-contact for HMRC.

If you would like some more information, please call 01452 530056 or e-mail info@absolutepayrollsolutions.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now