Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Stupid question i know, but................

(7 Posts)
jofeb04 Sat 08-Jan-05 16:14:58

I am going to the deferral meeting in the local area to start the process of becoming a childminder. However, when i was younger, i got cautioned for D and D!! Too much to drink lmao. However, this caution is no longer on me, but what sort if information do the need for the police check?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all

KatieMac Sat 08-Jan-05 16:32:36

You can look o the CRB website but I think that if the offense (as it were) is 'spent' then you will be OK. However if your offenses were anythig to do with violence/children then you would stand a chance (iyswim)

So you'll be fine as long as you didn't smack the copper

You may have to write it down - but don't worry

There is info on the form about what is 'spent'

KatieMac Sat 08-Jan-05 16:46:09

On the other hand....

I've just looked at the website and it says in the FAQ's 'Is it ufair that a caution is included in the disclosure'

So it probably will be included - I'd be very honest and upfront about it with the tutors and explain it was a long time ago ....when you were very young.

Good Luck
KMc

jofeb04 Sat 08-Jan-05 17:36:52

Do they ask about family, is it just immeidate family, or all in the in laws to?

Oh yea, how much does the course cost to do?

KatieMac Sat 08-Jan-05 18:24:44

The ICP (Introducing Childminding Practice) is usually paid for by the council. Sometimes you can get the First Aid for free too....but not always - it depends on your council.

They only check people who live, work at, or spend large amounts of time at your house (& are over 16)

eg. Husband (if he works at home & has a secretary - her too)
your 17 yo stepson
his girlfriend who moved in
etc

KatieMac Sat 08-Jan-05 18:28:32

Have a look on the NCMA website (www.ncma.org.uk) I can't do links

jofeb04 Sat 08-Jan-05 19:14:36

thx for all the info katie, as u can tell, im really nervous about this, and dont want anything to go wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now