Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need Nanny First Aid Course in London

(9 Posts)
Ucledu Mon 21-Apr-08 12:10:40

Hello. We are trying to find a (12 hour) paediatric first aid course in London for our nanny - both to increase her first aid knowledge and get her Ofsted registered. Does anyone know of organised group courses that take place during weekend or evenings? The only courses I can find in London are either a. we come to you, you organise a group of 10 people and b. St John's ambulance, which runs group courses during the working week only (when we need our nanny!). I see outside of London lots of places run weekend courses - presumably for working nannies who want to improve themselves.

Thank you!

shazrey Mon 21-Apr-08 13:26:34

Hi. Tinies run weekend courses at Kingston Upon Thames you can check the dates on their website.

misslisa Mon 21-Apr-08 20:05:07

Try MNT, they do the First Aid and can get her registered

2HotCrossBunnies Mon 21-Apr-08 20:06:57

We have just sent our new nanny on a first aid course run by Safe and Sound. They're on the web and run lots of courses in London so you may be able to find one reasonably local to you.

nannynick Mon 21-Apr-08 20:25:08

St.Johns normally does Early Years First Aid courses over two Saturdays. They certainly do here in West Surrey.
Some SJA venues which do Saturday courses:
Epsom, Weybridge, Camberley, Chertsey, Luton.
Could be worth travelling to one of those venues, not ideal I know, but perhaps there are difficulties with running weekend courses in London for some reason.
MNT run the 12-hour First Aid training at Reading (train from Paddington), but looking at the 2008 dates, the course is Friday and Saturday - so that won't work for you, unless you can give your nanny a Friday off.
Can be worth calling your local council Children's Information Service, as they should know of courses available for Childminders - which would be the same course you are looking for.

Coolmama Mon 21-Apr-08 22:03:32

try www.redi-training.co.uk 020 7348 7117 or www.theparentcompnay.co.uk 020 7935 9635 - found both to be fantastic.

AmyMcLean Tue 14-Jul-15 15:24:22

I did a first aid course with my nanny agency. Little Ones. They are really good and cheap too. Here is the link www.littleoneslondon.co.uk/first-aid-courses/ appartly St Johns are good to but quite expensive. Here's their website link www.sja.uk.com/sja/training-courses.aspx

Clara04 Tue 14-Jul-15 22:37:16

Hi, I did mine on a Saturday in London through Train Aid - www.train-aid.co.uk/courses/paediatric-first-aid-12hr.

Nannylookingforafamily Tue 14-Jul-15 23:08:37

DO NOT DO SAFE AND SOUND.

Good price, but they are awful!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now