Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

my lovely part-time live-in nanny is looking for more work in Cambridge/Ely area. Anyone interested?

(10 Posts)
PhDiva Wed 09-Apr-08 20:39:08

She is mature (34), capable and experienced. Speaks excellent English. I am very pleased to have found her and would like to help her earn a bit more. She is looking for two days a week (not weekends) as she only works for us for three days. She lives with us, so is not looking for a live-in position.

flowerybeanbag Wed 09-Apr-08 20:44:09

<<arrives in flurry of excitement seeing thread title>>

Oh, that's a shame, only 2 days wouldn't be any good for me.

Hope you do find something for her.

PhDiva Wed 09-Apr-08 20:52:35

Well she might consider a bit of weekend work too....

flowerybeanbag Wed 09-Apr-08 20:55:15

I don't need weekends I'm afraid

<<bumps ad on gumtree up for the 60 billionth time>>

schmoopoo Wed 09-Apr-08 20:56:17

Cardiff a bit far LOL

pedilia Wed 09-Apr-08 20:58:15

what 2 days is she free? What does she charge? Does she have her own transport?

PhDiva Wed 09-Apr-08 21:04:53

I work from home, so the exact days are negotiable. She does not have own transport - would rely on public or someone picking her up (we live in central Ely). She would charge £40 per day plus transport for an 8 hour day.

penpotEca Mon 21-Jul-08 11:29:20

PhDiva - is your nanny still looking for something?

penpotEca Tue 22-Jul-08 12:33:28

bump

lindseyfox Tue 22-Jul-08 19:33:25

£40 for an 8hr day thats £5 an hr assuming thats net? not that min wage applies to live in but wouldnt be live in with the additional family they would need to also pay tax an ni so would you spilt the tax code with them as they may end up paying a higher rate of tax for her.

its really kind of you to help her find another job, would she not condsider a nursery for 2 days or maybe a creche at a lesuire centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now