Advanced search


(5 Posts)
DeanImpala67 Sun 17-Jan-21 12:01:16

For tutoring - decide what ages and what your charges will be, think of a business name and then make a business facebook page and share on local mums groups/community pages. Also remember to register as self-employed with HMRC. Register your current school dbs with the renewal service so you don't have to get a new one too as that is tricky if you are self-employed. You could also join a tutoring agency to get started and build up your name in the local area.

ejbskater Sun 17-Jan-21 11:52:56

Thanks for your replies. I haven't registered yet no, I'm just waiting to find out if I'm going to be made redundant from my current job due to Covid.
I would really like to do tutoring as I am a teacher, and could do it online (due to social distancing) but I'm not sure of the best place to advertise.

OP’s posts: |
fitzbilly Sun 17-Jan-21 10:23:49

You'd have to register as a childminder with Ofsted and your local council, and you'd need insurance, paediatric first aid and have your house inspected first if you want to be a childminder smile

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sun 17-Jan-21 10:20:43

Have you already registered as a childminder with OFSTED?

ejbskater Sun 17-Jan-21 09:26:37

I'm new to mumsnet, I'm a qualified primary school teacher and am looking to do some childminding and tutoring in the Brighton area. Does anyone have any advice on how and where to advertise? Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in