Talk

Advanced search

After school babysitter needed W10

(5 Posts)
RaphaeleM Fri 27-Nov-20 08:33:30

Hello,

I am looking for an after school babysitter 4 days a week and 2 morning drop offs (although flexible with the drop offs). I have 2 children 7 and 12 and live in W10. Would love to hear of anyone interested in this role of any recommendations!
Thank you 😊

OP’s posts: |
cameocat Thu 17-Dec-20 07:00:56

Sorry I can't help but just wondering why you're referring to them as babysitter rather than nanny/childminder. It insinuates that it isn't official or you're not willing to pay them a reasonable amount. Or is it because you only need someone on an ad hoc basis?

Honestly not trying to be critical/ difficult but you may not attract the right person with your wording, very happy to be told I'm wrong.

RaphaeleM Thu 17-Dec-20 08:28:52

Thank you for you reply. I am not sure why you are bothering to reply with nothing productive. I am not from the UK and so do not know about the actual differences in these terms. I have found someone lovely for after school a childcare, the label I put on that does not really matter!
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
jannier Fri 18-Dec-20 00:04:00

The label does matter becouse of the possible legal issues....childminders must be registered and work from their home, babysitters are casual untrained and work from your home a few hours a week maximum, nannies are employed by you and your responsible for pensions, national insurance etc. If you break the rules you can be fined.....so the pp was just trying to help you she didn't deserve the hostile answer.

cameocat Fri 18-Dec-20 06:48:10

Thank you @jannier, you put it far more clearly than me but I was genuinely trying to help, wrote it nicely, and was surprised by the snippy response. Oh well! Glad the OP has found someone.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in