Talk

Advanced search

Christmas bonus for childminder

(10 Posts)
Backbee Sun 22-Nov-20 09:23:07

Is this a thing?

Me and DH have been financially unaffected by covid, and our CM has been amazing. Planning on getting a gift from DS for her, but would like to give her £100 for Christmas. Is this doable though? Is it weird? Is she able to accept it if paid separately to invoice payments? I don't want to make things complex business wise, but also don't want to discuss it with her first as I think then it's quite uncomfortable.

Any ideas? Do any childminders on here have any thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
Apple40 Sun 22-Nov-20 14:58:17

Wow that’s a lovely plan, I bet she will feel really appreciated. My mindee parents tend to buy for my children ( which is lovely but I get forgotten)
Yes I would give it to her separately to invoices , Cash possibly?

insancerre Sun 22-Nov-20 15:00:34

Put it in a Christmas card and tell her how great she is
It’s a lovely gesture

Nicadooby Mon 23-Nov-20 16:25:28

It’s definitely allowable, if just pop the cash in a card and please just tell her how grateful you are too sometimes words mean the most

Gottalovesummer Tue 24-Nov-20 13:28:26

Hi, one of my families did this for me one Christmas and I was thrilled. They put cash into a card and we spent it on a trip to to the theatre for my family.

Go for it, it'll make your childminder feel so appreciated!

Rhiannon13 Tue 24-Nov-20 19:12:07

That's a lovely idea OP and I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

I didn't get any cards or presents from mindees parents last Christmas (wasn't particularly expecting any, but you know...) and the children were so embarrassed they made me a big card themselves with lovely messages in, which I'll always treasure. Your childminder is very lucky you're such a thoughtful parent OP.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 27-Nov-20 13:23:07

Everyone loved cash in a card

imperialqueen Sat 28-Nov-20 12:12:45

Oh wow. Your childminder will be over joyed. That is so kind and thoughtful of you.

Backbee Sat 28-Nov-20 17:06:13

Thanks all, I will pop it in a card so it doesn't complicate the monthly invoice payments!

OP’s posts: |
Marellaspirit Wed 09-Dec-20 13:20:37

As a childminder I think it's a lovely idea and will be very much appreciated I'm sure. I would give it separately to your fees though, so she can keep it separate from business income.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in