Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How would you contract this?

(6 Posts)
Ghostashoshabuster Thu 04-Oct-07 19:09:44

parents want 12 ad hoc days per month, can onl give 48 hours notice which days will be needed, how would you word the contract.

Katymac Thu 04-Oct-07 19:11:01

Oh

What if you're full that day

NittyNoratheNastyNurse Thu 04-Oct-07 20:04:49

Hi katy its me just scaring the bar with my name.

It is for a friend, she has moved and starting up again, and has had no calls so was going to do it till she gets more children, has told parents it will be till then.

Katymac Thu 04-Oct-07 20:12:25

Put as & when required (in the notes bit) then arrange a way to book & confirm it - I use email for ad-hoc

What about payment? Bank Transfer?

I don't 'mind' unless I have been paid

NittyNoratheNastyNurse Thu 04-Oct-07 20:16:08

Good idea, trying to get her to come in here and join us, but shes scared of the pc grin

ayla99 Fri 05-Oct-07 10:27:21

I would be very cautious about committing to such a flexible arrangement. Its sods law that whatever she wants to arrange with her family/personal commitments ~(dentist, mot, birthdays etc) will be the same day this family will want her! 48 hours isn't very much notice at all.

Will they want meals? Will there be enough in her fridge/cupboards if they book a day or 2 before she's due to do her shopping? I usually ask them to bring packed lunches if I've had less than a weeks notice.

The family must understand that the childminder may not be available on occasion - eg funeral, sickness etc. She may be prepared to drop everything for 12 days a month (is she really?) but need to allow for "unforeseen circumstances"

I have some ad-hoc arrangements but they are all VERY irregular so they just fill in a booking form and pay for what they're booking as its usually a day or 2 at a time. And if its not convenient I can easily decline.

It may be worth having a shorter notice period or having fixed-term contracts (eg per term) so that its easier for her to quit if a more attractive prospect comes along.

I think the main thing to add to the contract would be what should be paid if the child doesn't attend for the whole 12 days. Eg they could pay 12 days at the beginning of the month and if they choose to request only 4 days there would be no refunds. If they asked for 12 days but the childminder was unavailable for 6 of them then I would expect a refund for the 6 she was unavailable (deduct off next months bill). I

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now